What's your butchering setup look like?

idcuda

WKR
Mainly wondering what cutting boards and surfaces you're using for processing.

I have a large plastic cutting board I put on the kitchen counter. The height is right, but the board wants to slide around a lot. I'm looking for other options and tools that help with home butchering.

Current setup:
15"x20" cutting board
Various knives (mainly rely on the rapala)
Lem grinder
Rubbermaid plastic tubs
Clear plastic bags wrapped in freezer paper

I'm a burger, steak, or roast guy, generally, so this setup has worked well.

EastMT

WKR
I bought an 8’ Formica preformed countertop, put it on some old cabinets, I really like that. Plenty of room to lay a deer up there. If I’m cutting steaks I’ll lay a small cutting board down but $99 cutting table and reused cabinets

mattflint

FNG
Super blue yanigiba and some carbon vietnamese made butcher knife , butcher paper covered table , plastic bags, kitchenaid grinder

I bought two stainless steel tables from a closing pizza place. Can keep them out or in with no issues. Can lay the entire carcass on the table if needed and easily cleaned. Decent knives and sharpener a must. Also invest in a vacuum sealer and it is a game changer. Lastly I bought a commercial meat grinder from the place closing and it rips through meat in no time and great for making sausage also.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
HDPE topped 3’x6’ table, various knives, sharpening equipment, reused restaurant sink hooked to hose and drained outside, lem grinder and cheap garage sale find vac sealer (been going strong for 5 years now, will upgrade when it quits but I can’t kill it)

Hobart mixer and slicer. LEM 3/4 big bite knives dexter or forsner manual stuffer, large and small hdpe cutting board. Butcher shop style gambrel. Chain hoist from 12’ ceiling. Sawzall and propane torch pretty much sums it up. Also favorite seasonings probably most importantly.

Attachments

• FA282D5F-364A-4471-BFE1-01028BA2FEF8.jpeg
    FA282D5F-364A-4471-BFE1-01028BA2FEF8.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 1DE836EA-6C9C-492A-BAAF-C31F2E9E359E.jpeg
    1DE836EA-6C9C-492A-BAAF-C31F2E9E359E.jpeg
    391.5 KB · Views: 129
At my cousins place in Ohio he has a full blown set up in his very nice barn including a walk in cooler.
We set up various stations for guys to do jobs like an assembly line. Same guys for 20 years so everyone pretty much has their job and does the same thing every year. Pretty smooth operation.
At my place in Florida I where I butcher my deer from my trips to Alabama I have a rolling shelf where I keep my Grinder, Stuffer, bins with knives and supplies and meat tubs. I bone out at camp in AL except for shoulders and necks( I cook them whole).
I cut up meat for grinding and into steaks and chops on my very large dining room table. That goes into either vac packs or sent to the kitchen for grinding on the counter into meat tubs. I stuff grind into then plastic burger bags with the grinder.