What’s your CC ?

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
I have had pull my CCW three times on a person 2-notable times deep in the woods hunting or camping years apart and I was minding my own business. One time it was a single guy running a meth lab and one time it was a group mixed up at a weed grow operation (It looked like they were trying to rip off someone’s stash). The people were clearly impaired. Both times the other party was reaching for a gun and I firmly believe would have done me harm. Both times having a gun in my hand and using a firm voice allowed me to exit unharmed.

I have also been charged twice by a black bear with cubs (pulled a gun) thank god did not have to use it.

I have used a hand gun innumerable times on the farm property to deal with animals; mange fox, raccoons trying to attack the dog, skunk with rabies, coyotes who look at our pets like a meal…etc

I won‘t start on the years I lived near and had to work in the cities of Seattle and Tacoma on a regular basis.

I am sure having a gun with me 24/7 has extended the quality of my life and the life of my family/pets.

ErikT

FNG
You can say that all you want until the day comes when you need it and don't have it. I carry every single day from the time I leave the house until i get home and I don't even know it's on me because I carry a small gun in a good holster.

I'm originally from New York where you aren't allowed to protect yourself or your family and I have more times then I can count on one hand where I felt helpless and vulnerable and my life was in danger.

Now I live in a state with constitutional carry and don't go anywhere without a pistol.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
grfox92, You are not wrong. There may come a day where I may be kicking myself in the ass regretting not carrying. I have a ccw permit and numerous pistols and a $hit pile of holsters and carry from time to time. But after over 50 years on this planet with zero instances of threat of harm, I still can't rationalize the PITA and also potential risks of carrying a hot weapon on my person 24/7.

Like most here, an average day consists of puttering around at home, going to office job (no weapons permitted in workplace (not my rules)), going to gym (change clothes), back to the office (change clothes), running to the grocery store after work. Go home. young kids coming and going out of the house (can't leave weapons laying around), eat dinner then (change clothes again) to go out and mow grass and do yardwork, shoot bow, etc. Saturday morning: doing remodeling project inside my home,,, wearing a tool belt,,, a dirty mess,,, need to rush to Lowes to get needed items,,, grab weapon cuz I might need it? put on baggy t-shirt to cover weapon,,, run to Lowes and back.... Saturday night go out with wife to have a couple beers at a restaurant/bar with a DD (not responsible to carry while consuming alcoholic beverages, so can't carry there). Constantly fiddling with un-holstering, safely store the weapon, retrieve weapon, re-holster, make sure the weapon is fully concealed and not printing, (can't wear this-or-that clothing because it does not allow for proper concealment.

Now, if I lived in Portland like the guy below, it might be a different story... Also if I lived in NY where it was nearly impossible to carry I'd agree with feeling helpless and vulnerable. Not criticizing anyone that carrys. I'm a gun buff and 2A guy like everyone here. I just can't see being trapped by the notion that I need the burden of carrying a firearm on my person 24/7 in order to be safe and protect myself and my family.

I've also never gotten into a routine of carrying simply because most of the time I'm at work (in a manufacturing facility) and can't carry. I don't leave one in a vehicle since I've had a couple stolen that way. There are times I'll carry or have one with me in the vehicle, but not all the time. It just wont work.

If I'm somewhere remote, or out late solo, sure, you bet. But headed to dinner on Friday evening in our small town.....unlikely.

But to answer the actual question. I have a regular old 1911 for times that makes sense, and a couple small J-frames for other times.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
I've also never gotten into a routine of carrying simply because most of the time I'm at work (in a manufacturing facility) and can't carry. I don't leave one in a vehicle since I've had a couple stolen that way. There are times I'll carry or have one with me in the vehicle, but not all the time. It just wont work.

If I'm somewhere remote, or out late solo, sure, you bet. But headed to dinner on Friday evening in our small town.....unlikely.

But to answer the actual question. I have a regular old 1911 for times that makes sense, and a couple small J-frames for other times.
Yea I can’t have it at work, and if I just put it in the truck for the commute there’s a 100% chance it would just stay in there til it got stolen.

Most of the other time outside of the work week that one might carry (going to dinner/in town etc), I’m probably planning to drink, so wouldn’t carry.

I’m glad some people do it, just wouldn’t work for me. Maybe it would change if I had kids.

260madman

WKR
God Bless America, but CCW is a royal PIA...
I love guns as much or more than anyone here, but can't rationalize my personal necessity for CCW on a daily basis. I imagine if I lived in a real sketchy area I might be more inclined.. But the actual risk of a crisis event versus the PIA of carrying a live firearm on me every day, everywhere I go doesn't seem to be worth it.
Greenwood mall isn’t a sketchy area and thank God for Eli Dicken. We were in that mall in March. You never know when. Carry always.

grfox92

WKR
grfox92, You are not wrong. There may come a day where I may be kicking myself in the ass regretting not carrying. I have a ccw permit and numerous pistols and a $hit pile of holsters and carry from time to time. But after over 50 years on this planet with zero instances of threat of harm, I still can't rationalize the PITA and also potential risks of carrying a hot weapon on my person 24/7.

Like most here, an average day consists of puttering around at home, going to office job (no weapons permitted in workplace (not my rules)), going to gym (change clothes), back to the office (change clothes), running to the grocery store after work. Go home. young kids coming and going out of the house (can't leave weapons laying around), eat dinner then (change clothes again) to go out and mow grass and do yardwork, shoot bow, etc. Saturday morning: doing remodeling project inside my home,,, wearing a tool belt,,, a dirty mess,,, need to rush to Lowes to get needed items,,, grab weapon cuz I might need it? put on baggy t-shirt to cover weapon,,, run to Lowes and back.... Saturday night go out with wife to have a couple beers at a restaurant/bar with a DD (not responsible to carry while consuming alcoholic beverages, so can't carry there). Constantly fiddling with un-holstering, safely store the weapon, retrieve weapon, re-holster, make sure the weapon is fully concealed and not printing, (can't wear this-or-that clothing because it does not allow for proper concealment.

Now, if I lived in Portland like the guy below, it might be a different story... Also if I lived in NY where it was nearly impossible to carry I'd agree with feeling helpless and vulnerable. Not criticizing anyone that carrys. I'm a gun buff and 2A guy like everyone here. I just can't see being trapped by the notion that I need the burden of carrying a firearm on my person 24/7 in order to be safe and protect myself and my family.
I understand. I understand even more now that I've lived in WY for a few years and more then half of my close friends don't carry every day. I understand why. They live in towns and places where there is virtually no violent crime.

As for carrying at work, if I'm framing a house, climbing the structure all day, the gun stays in the truck. I used to keep it on my but in those instances there isn't really any reason. If Im doing a remodel in town and am in a vacant house the gun is either apenidx or in my tool bags lol.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Glock 43x MOS, holosun 407k, streamlight tlr7 sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Y’all seen the dude on YouTube who cc’s a snubby .22LR ? I think a Ruger LCR. At first I thought it was crazy but he makes some good arguments and shoots that 8 round cylinder deadly accurate into the credit card A-zone in under three seconds from the draw.

Anyway I carry a Glock 19 but getting ready to order a Staccato (probably aluminum P) and give it a try.

Bought my G19 new 20 years ago and am on the third barrel and fourth set of night sights. Can’t imagine not having a gun on my belt after 20 years of carrying.

Geedubya

Lil-Rokslider
wT5SFCM.png

Sig P365

or

PTLLYjK.png

Sig P365 XL

Lii1GLE.png

klut7a2.jpg

10 yds, supported.

Works well for things that go sideways in the day, or

Dw8Funw.png

bump in the night!

ya!

GWB

xziang

WKR
I carry concealed all the time and I’ve got a few handguns for that purpose. I’m thinking of picking up a Glock 19X …..don’t need it, just want it…. Anyone have a 19x ? What’s your CC? I’m carrying a 9 mm Shield compact today.
I wanted to try a 19 before but went with a PSA Dagger. I couldnt be happer with it and only cost 3 bills. Wanted to try something with more capacity but I really like/enjoy the sig p938.

For those with the 365 and 365 XL, what is your favorite and why? I'm currently carrying a Shield 9mm with Apex that I shoot very well, but limited ammo capactiy. Glock 19 occasionally. I ALWAYS have an NAA Pug 22 wmr in my pocket. I also tend to carry a small fixed blade appendix. Seems like a lot but the 22 mag drops into a pocket and the fixed blade is about the size of a folder. *All are concealed IWB or pocket.

T.C

FNG
I have both 365 and 365xl. After getting the xl I let the ol lady carry the 365 and I carry the xl as it fits my hands better and is optics cut. I currently have a holosun 507k on it but am looking forward to getting their new eps enclosed sight for it. Personally either will make a awesome edc that's easy to conceal.

365 XL, no optics, it shoots well and is comfy to carry. I have other larger sigs I might carry too if I feel the need, a 239 and a SigPro - both of those are very accurate.