What's your EDC knife?

curt514

FNG
Benchmade bugout. Great light weight knife. The full size grip is bigger that I like but the mini grip is nice. I was carrying an Ontario Rat2. Great knife for $30 and if it gets damaged it is not heart breaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Benchmade bugout. Great light weight knife. The full size grip is bigger that I like but the mini grip is nice. I was carrying an Ontario Rat2. Great knife for $30 and if it gets damaged it is not heart breaking.

The bugout is sweet, I’ve been carrying mine 90% of the time since October. I forget it’s in my pocket it’s so lots.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I've been running a Benchmade Grip for a few years now and I cant find any faults. Solid knife and company

33164303dfdd8242215db591c9aa2174.jpg

3 grips

BKhunter

WKR
Currently Benchmade Bugout. I have always been a sucker for lightweight knives and it fit the bill perfect.

Grips are the workhorse of the Benchmades. Nothing special, just a simple durable handle with great steel in the blade. You cant go wrong with them, especially as most are on sale right now. I believe they are making the new ones in S30V.

Spyderco Paramilitary 3 is also another one I would look at. Zero Tolerance 450 is a sweet knife. Both those will run you way more than a griptilian though.
where are you seeing this sale?

Used to carry the Griptillian but made the switch to the Spiderco Para Military 2. The PM 2 is larger and definitely more noticeable in the pocket but it is substantial blade and handles well in my opinion.

Mike 338

WKR
Leatherman.

I have need for a knife as much as anybody on a daily basis and have carried one for many years. Can't even remember why I took my knife out of my pocket but just went with my Leatherman which was always on my belt anyway. Turns out the two blades are very functional plus the pliers and two screwdrivers seem to get frequently and successfully used without the need to go back for the proper tools. Not very sessy but sometimes what you carry is a process of elimination.

What I carry hunting is a different matter.

The Benchmade mini-griptillian is a really nice knife. Benchmade builds great stuff. I personally really like the Benchmade mini-Barrage. The size and blade shape is just perfect and the spring assist is really good. The basic grips are good and are functional but I upgraded on my own mini-Barrage and went with the G10 hande. I like the feel and the little extra heft to the knife. Get the standard grips if you like the lighter weight.

https://www.benchmade.com/mini-barrage-family.html

WKR
Another one for the benchmade bugout, I really like knife and I usually forget its in my pocket most of the time.

I used to run a Spyderco stretch but I broke it after a couple years. my fault it wasn't made for spitting kindling in a pinch lol. but since then Ive been on a quest to find an EDC that I thought didn't exist. but I found it. I got a Spyderco lil LionSpy. Compact size, Light (half titanium half G10), and most importantly a beefy blade with some belly. Not many pocket knives have these traits. in reviews people complain that the blade is too thick but that's exactly why I like it. it can take some abuse and has stout blade geometry, not a scalpel but a user. The Elmax holds an edge for a really long time but it harder than most to sharpen.

bolo1187

FNG
I've been carrying a Gerber EAB for a few years now. I can quickly and easily change the blade when it gets dull and have never felt like I need a bigger knife

Ranger619

WKR
I have been carrying a Benchmade Mini Barrage for years. I like the Axis assist for one handed opening and the fact that the pocket clip is oriented so you don't have to fumble with the knife to open it. It comes out of your pocket pointed in the right direction to cut something or defend yourself against some miserable SOB that attacks you. :)

Emerson Raven that I have had for a good many years. It was with me for 13 rotations in the middle east, and many years doing other "fun" stuff.

PI8wCAf.jpg

That and my grandfather Old Timer I inherited more than 20 years ago. Hopefully I will pass it down to one of his great grand daughters one of these years.

kM7kwgN.jpg