What's your EDC knife?

mjh

FNG
You really like that rig? People go nuts for them. Never had one. What's the Majik?
Don't know about any majik? It's just a tool. Not of fan of of the oh so popular Benchmade brand, although I do have an older one I got for 1/2 price on clearance years ago. Was looking for a folder in the size and price range. Had features I was looking for. Decent folder for under $200. Works for me. The M390 seems up for the task. Do I need one of every model--blade steel?? No. Would I buy it again?? Likely. An orange handled one might be nice but I'm not running to the store with my credit card in hand.

I have a ton of cheap knives, a few nice ones like Benchmade and Case. And my $40 Ontario RAT is the one I always find in my pocket. I can't loose this thing and I love it. I am a land surveyor and I belive I'm extremely hard on knives. They open cans, cut stakes, dig for monuments and rebar, pry on (some) monument lids etc. I sharpen the dang thing on one of them work sharp belt sanders and its good to go for another round of abuse. Ball bearing action. Good steel, not D2 but they make them with D2 now! I honestly love this thing and if I ever break it I'm buying another for sure. I imagine I'll have all the blade sanded away on the sharpener before I break it lol. Oh and it's bright orange so it stands out in the dirt or weeds. Highly recommend for someone that uses and abuses their knives.

That Shaman is literally 3 days old. Can't comment on it at all. Like me being jealous over your Manix XL....the Manix 2 Lightweight gets most of my pocket time. It's the S110V version. Kinda hate the steel. Spent a lot of time sharpening it. And I am not overly impressed. But it's a knife I don't hesitate to use. I have a co worker with a CruWear Adamas that wants to direct swap for my S30V DLC Shaman. That may happen.

TxxAgg

WKR
I bought a cheap Ka-bar Dozier the other day because it was only $20. I'm pleased with it for the money.

Fatcamp

WKR
i have a leatherman sideclip. from what i understand it is a fairly rare leatherman and worth some money. It is thin enough to fit in my pocket comfortably but still has the standard leatherman tools.

That is too funny. I have been carrying one of these for years and had no idea it was discontinued or rare.

JohnB

WKR
What are peoples recommendation for a cheap smaller knife I can abuse and not be too mad if/when I lose it? Previously I've had CRKT Drifters but it looks like they went up in price from 20 to 40 bucks. I'm really only interested in liner lock style knives rather than ones with the lock on the spine like the Kabar Dozier mentioned above.

Heat

FNG
For an inexpensive liner lock knife I loved my Buck Vantage (large) I had. Gave it to my son so he would have a decent knife. I would not hesitate to buy another.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
What are peoples recommendation for a cheap smaller knife I can abuse and not be too mad if/when I lose it? Previously I've had CRKT Drifters but it looks like they went up in price from 20 to 40 bucks. I'm really only interested in liner lock style knives rather than ones with the lock on the spine like the Kabar Dozier mentioned above.

I’d look at the Ontario Rat 2. Basic steel is Aus-8, which is fine but upgrading to the D2 version is well worth it. It’s my go to small knife to beat up and it’s never failed me in 5+ years.

Curious what you guys are carrying around. I'm looking at a reaaaal sweet deal on a benchmade griptilian right now. Any thoughts?
I have multiple spyderco knives. It’s hard to go wrong with them. I’d recommend looking for hard steel types and I swap out the clips for aftermarket clips