What's your favorite broadhead?

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’ve shot a bunch with G5 Strykers out of my compound. They group right with my field points and fly good. Shot through a bull elk and got massive blood, but all the deer I have shot usually had very little blood. Most of those were shots from the ground and normal in the the kill zone double lung or heart lung shots. Never to the point of losing a deer, but enough that it made me pause.
I’ve shot 3 deer now with mechanicals, and not sure I’m sold on them for deer size game either. 2 with a Rage No Collar, both actually were complete pass throughs and massive blood trails. One this year with a Sevr 2.0 and that resulted in very poor penetration. Luckily I found the deer however. I just don’t have a lot of confidence in mechanical heads, too much can go wrong.
I have shot traditional for over 30 years and my favorite broadhead there was the STOS 160grain. In more recent years, it’s been the CutThroat 150gr 2 blade. I’m going to be dialing my compound in this year to shoot 150 grain heads, so will likely just shoot the CutThroat out of all my bows. I’m also going to play with the VPA 3 blade and the CutThroat 3 blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poster1

FNG
I switched to the rage trypans with great success (seriously impressive cuts and blood trails), after losing a buck with a g5 montac (zero blood after 20yrds). I'm in the process of switching to the magnus black hornets for a heavier elk arrow this year.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
Gosh, I've used piles of different heads over the years and done well with most of them. The few I've had "issues" with have been G5 Montecs and it wasn't because they are not hair popping sharp, but I had a failure in the casting and the head crumpled upon impact. The other heads that did not do as good of a job were mechanicals but I'll leave that alone.

My favorites are Magnus Buzzcuts 4 blades, Strickland Helix, G5 Strikers in 3 or 4 blades.

I've had excellent luck with both shuttle T-LOK and A-TAC.

Have used Shuttle T's for years, always had good results with them, and one of the best fixed flying heads I have shot.

Although after Trophy Taker was sold, their quality just does not seem the same? Bought a few heads a couple years ago, and none of them spin true, where all my old original Shuttle T's do. Maybe I just got some knock offs, but haven't heard much good about Trophy taker quality after selling out.

With that, I opted to switch to the QAD Exodus, but can honestly say I like the original Shuttle T's better than the QAD. At least to me the Shuttles are more forgiving at long range as compared to QAD Eodus Full version. If I could get the same quality with Trophy Taker Suttles I got years ago, I'd definitley go back to them.

i've only used a few different ones over the years. Muzzy interlocking 3 blade, Rage, Magnus Buzzcuts. This next season I've jumped onto the IW wide band wagon. I'll probably pickup some Magnus 4 blades for shooting predators out of the tree stand. I always have at least 1 or 2 coyotes roll under me during the hunting season and they aren't worth an IW lol

QAD Exodus.

This broadhead went clean through my spring bear at 35 yards and stuck into the stump behind him.

Attachments

• 1833D3CA-F473-4FD7-90D8-A680E55E2556.jpeg
    1833D3CA-F473-4FD7-90D8-A680E55E2556.jpeg
    699.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 5AB8FFC5-A44C-4975-82B5-5E1786022438.jpeg
    5AB8FFC5-A44C-4975-82B5-5E1786022438.jpeg
    868.4 KB · Views: 33

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
QAD Exodus, Sevr 2.0, and Magnus Ser razor 125s for the last couple years on Whitetails and Mule deer with no complaints. Trying out Day Six Evo, Cutthroat and Stinger Buzzcut 125s for the upcoming seasons.

Wapiti1

WKR
Slick Trick Magnum 125, Wasp Drone 125, Wasp Boss Bullet 125 have all done well for me. The Slick Tricks and Drones are very tough heads. The Boss will bend if you hit a big bone, but I've never had one that didn't kill the animal.

Long ago, I shot Bear Razorheads and Magnus Rothhaar Snuffers. Both 150gr or so heads. Those old heads did the job.

Jeremy

OspreyZB

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite is the Simmons safari. Last couple years I've been shooting the Simmons land shark light, and the Magnus killer bee buzzcut.

PREZ

FNG
My top 3.....Valkyrie, Slick Trick Viper Tricks and Qad Exodus....all 125 gr or more.

Luked

WKR
Been shooting Slick Trick Viper tricks the last couple yours and really like them

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

oake

Lil-Rokslider
I took a chance on the Cutthroats but just wasn’t satisfied with them.

Went back to the old faithful - Shuttle T’s in 125 grain

staehlej

FNG
This is a rabbit hole with hundreds of opinions. Everyone is going to give you a recommendation based on personal experience. I roll with the Grim Reaper micro hades 3-blade.