What's your favorite broadhead?

Bump79

WKR
Have used Shuttle T's for years, always had good results with them, and one of the best fixed flying heads I have shot.

Although after Trophy Taker was sold, their quality just does not seem the same? Bought a few heads a couple years ago, and none of them spin true, where all my old original Shuttle T's do. Maybe I just got some knock offs, but haven't heard much good about Trophy taker quality after selling out.

With that, I opted to switch to the QAD Exodus, but can honestly say I like the original Shuttle T's better than the QAD. At least to me the Shuttles are more forgiving at long range as compared to QAD Eodus Full version. If I could get the same quality with Trophy Taker Suttles I got years ago, I'd definitley go back to them.
I had the exact same experience with the Trophy Taker heads. They still flew great but the ferrule was so cheap and flimsy that it would bend on any miss. Then the blade wouldn't want to remove, etc. Also had problems with the blades ruining shafts (hit with collar) on hard impacts..

These B3 Destrukt are on my list to try.
1655382640016.png1655382649573.png

HoytHntr4

WKR
Slick trick viper tricks, Sevr 1.5 & 2.0. Want to play around with the Exodus this year after seeing all the recommendations for them

jhm2023

WKR
Ramcat diamondbacks for me. I'd prefer the Ramcat hydroshocks but Alaska has a goofy law that doesn't allow them. Regardless, the diamondbacks are great.

Last edited:
I had the exact same experience with the Trophy Taker heads. They still flew great but the ferrule was so cheap and flimsy that it would bend on any miss. Then the blade wouldn't want to remove, etc. Also had problems with the blades ruining shafts (hit with collar) on hard impacts..

These B3 Destrukt are on my list to try.
View attachment 420461View attachment 420462

Since I will no longer buy Trophy Taker heads, due to poor quality, as compared to their regular heads, I need to decide on a new head. I have some QAD Exodus, and did pick up some B3's to try also.

J23

FNG
Mine are the ones that worked. This one found ribs going in and ended with ribs going out. A little work and it'll be back in service.

How do mechanical and replaceable's hold up?

G5 carbon 100g @ 42yds v. Bull Elk Rib
View attachment 338942View attachment 338942
I used Muzzy 100 grain for years, and then switched over to Magnus Stinger 100's.

I picked up a pack of the G5's and they shot great! My only concern is, despite using their G5 diamond hone, trying a wetstone, as well as a leather strope, I could never seem to get them frighteningly sharp, like new Muzzy blades, or a fresh Stinger out of the package.

They're super easy to sharpen with the three blade design. I have heard that they don't need to be razor sharp to work.