What's your favorite caliber?

Favorite caliber?

• Total voters

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I just had a 25-06 built to use as my deer rifle. I like it a lot so far but that is limited to range use to be honest. I haven't shot a deer with it yet because i haven't had it very long. I plan to change that this year. Now that I have all of the reloading components I plan to load it up with either berger or hammer bullets.

TSimons9

FNG
I have had great luck with my .270 on Coues whitetails. I have shot hand loads with sierra pro hunter 130 grains and recently with Barnes 129 grain LRX and Hornady 130 grain GMX.

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
Unfortunately my state only allows shotguns and straight wall cartridges. So I use either my AR platform in 450 bushmaster or my 45/70. Shooting hornady for both. So far I love both guns.

msalm

Lil-Rokslider
I think I’ve used something different about every year, but have gravitated towards lighter, handy, flatter shooting rifles lately. 7 RSAUM was last years with a 24” lightweight bbl on a Rem model seven action. 6.5 RSAUM was in there, a 6.5x55 Swede, 308, and a cool old 71 Winchester in 348 was a favorite for the northern woods. Really about any medium caliber is excellent, but I find the package it’s wrapped in has more to do with how much I enjoy hunting with it.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
I have to say that I really like using my R700 in 300 WinMag. I know it could be considered "overkill" but I just love the way it shoots, especially with the new loads I had to develop for it. I was using 180gr Sierra Gamekings but ran out and could not find any. Did come upon a place that had several boxes of 180gr Speer HotCor's for a good price. They actually shoot tighter than my Sierra's.

I am not much of a rifle hunter. Hunt the north east mostly with shots under 200 yards for the most part. Started a few years ago with a 308. It was fine. Jumped to a 300 win mag. Too much crack for white tails IMO. Recoil and meat damage. Bought a 6.5 creed. Love it. Soft shooting. Much easier recoil than winny and even my 308. Haven’t had a deer go more than a few yards Before they piled up. A few have tipped over right in place. Doesn’t appear to cause excessive mat damage. just gets it done. Can’t see any reason to change it up.

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
I have used quite a few different cartridges and calibers and find many work really well. My favorite is the 30-30 as it does what it is supposed to without too much recoil and noise. With that said, if I had to pick only one, mine would be a 30-06 with 180gr bullets.
thanks. -Rufus

saltfork

Lil-Rokslider
.308 win with 165 gr nosler partition. I can't find partitions right now, but I have some speer hot cors which work fine also.

Jimss

WKR
I use a 300 WSM with 150 grain nosler partitions for everything from whitetails to antelope to mtn goat, moose, bighorn, elk, and bear. Mine hardly kicks and I only put one shell in it because I know that's all it will take when I pull the trigger....I have that much confidence in it!