What's your favorite day pack?

Pop up 28/38 for me. I switched to the 38 to have room for winter layers. Have used mine to haul entire quartered up whitetails in relative comfort in one trip (+80#).

if I know I don’t need to haul meat, I have an MR 2DAP and a 22 liter pack from tactical tailor that work just fine for snacks and a kill kit.

wilbur007

FNG
The meat hauling piece will determine what you bring. I'm a fan of the Hill People Gear Aston House Backcountry which gives me pretty decent load hauling capabilities (when used with a belt) but compresses down nicely as a small daypack. The panel on the back means you can easily fix a bulky load onto the pack.

It's my first choice for something like shed hunting or carrying out pieces of driftwood that my wife wants hauled back. It will work surprisingly well, in a pinch, for hauling out meat quarters.

11boo

WKR
I have used kuiu pro lt 4000 gear back w a meat shelf, its exceptional and around/under 4 lbs. Feel free to use this code for your purchase with $50 off. Clicl the link and they will email you a checkout code. have a good one guys

I’ve been happy with my kuiu ultra 3000 . 4 years and many hunts, still holding up well.

if I had to do it again, I would buy an American made pack though.

WRM

WKR
Plus one for EXO K2 3500. Looks like they finally picked that size range back up with the K3 bags (slightly smaller). Has the capability to do more than a day, easily, but pulls down small. Meat hauling ability. If using the EXO frame, super comfortable carry.

Also check out Dana Design / K2 loadmaster series. You can put pretty much any bag on it with some minor modification. It is a load hauler, if you are going to be hauling. If not, it'd be a bit of overkill, but still a good choice at a reasonable price point. Dana Design is Dana Gleason is Mystery Ranch (now).

Last edited: