What's your favorite lightweight tent??

Gumbo

WKR
In the few trips I've had with it, I've really liked my Akto in fly/footprint mode.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the suggestion of Big Agnes for a UL tent. I have the Super Scout UL 2 and it's a great setup for a back country archery base camp. Those My Trail Co tents look pretty light too...

If you're just scouting, and it's the summer/early spring, and you want a cheap option, check out the Eureka Solitaire. It's less than $100 and has worked great for me. It has some issues to be aware of, but I've learned to work around them and the way I have this setup it's just under 2lbs and works great for scouting. The poles can break if you aren't careful and if you leave it closed condensation can be an issue. However, I am careful with the poles and leave it open when I can (makes for a great view of the stars at night). The tent itself is pretty small. You can see it on the side of my pack here: Bag Dump: 5-day Backcountry Elk Archery Hunt Gear in a Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 - YouTube

Good luck with the search.

sneaky

"DADDY"
For solo use I have a NEMO Hornet 1P. 2lbs 5oz with everything it came with plus the groundsheet. Side entry and vestibule. Not that "hey look at me orange" color either :) Might be selling it though and grabbing a floorless shelter though. It's that time of year when I'm going stir crazy.

as.ks.ak

WKR
In the few trips I've had with it, I've really liked my Akto in fly/footprint mode.

I spent 2 days weathered in an Akto on Kodiak...60+ winds. That tent flapping inches from my face for that long was enough to push me towards something with a little more head clearance on the ends. Good strong tent. Just not my idea of pleasant. When counting ounces, keep that in mind!! I think I may be getting a Hilleberg Anjan 2 GT just for that reason, to have the ability to not hate life in a weathered-in scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yankee

FNG
I've used the Mountainsmith LT the past couple seasons, can't say I'm a big fan. It's cheap, but not easy or quick to set up in my opinion with the unusual shape and number of stakes that were required. The Lunar Solo LE looks very interesting.

tttoadman

WKR
Gatewood cape. It's a great tent, super light weight, and makes a decent poncho as well. Only good for 1 person, however.

The gatewood with their nest and 24" guy lines makes a pretty roomy shelter.
A guy can also prop the gatewood open on the front with another pole, and you have a great sitting or glassing stand when the weather won't let up.

I have a Snugpak Ionosphere 1 person tent.

It gets used in a variety of roles. I like its low profile, weight, an ease of setup.

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
Tarptent StratoSpire 1 - 36 oz. - if you use trekking poles. If not add another 8 oz for the 2 poles. small sleeping area, but two big vestibules and duel side entry.

Tarptent StratoSpire 1

Attachments

• ss1-11.jpg
    ss1-11.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 106

jwb300

WKR
I use Big Sky Chinook 2p. Love it.

This is a great choice - I've got the Chinook, Revolution and Wisp. They have lighter options than the Chinook but its hard to go past the Chinook for the weight, space and 4 season rating just in case

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
I definitely wouldn't call it "ultralight", but I have a Nemo Galaxy 2p that I like a lot. I replace the footprint with Tyvek for multipurpose use. Only slept in it a handful of times, but twice through pretty solid wind & rain, and I woke up dry with almost no condensation inside. 2 doors with vestibules. Very easy and fast to get up.

Solotude

FNG
I use the Black Diamond HiLight. Great one man tent, weighs 3 lbs 2 oz. only issue I've had in it was in Wyoming in 2015 during a crazy week of straight rain. Single wall design made for condensation on the inside by day three.

BCrob

FNG
I had a BA Fly Creek but wanted more vestibule space. After doing a lot of research I decided on a the stratospire 1 from tarptent. Henry Shires was great to deal with.

Hall256

WKR
Another fan of Tarptent...When i go out by myself the Stratospire is awesome. However, any late season or hunt with a lot of gear I will use my friend's Tipi....plenty of room and lightweight.

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
This one actually caught my eye too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I couldn't be happier with my Lunar solo LE. I use a hiking pole to pitch it. I did replace the stakes with ground hog knock-offs after the skinny titatium stakes came out in a WICKED wind storm. Rocks might have worked though.