What's your favorite lightweight tent??

armyjoe

Super Moderator
So I've decided to ditch the tarp/bivy setup and go back to a lightweight tent for summer scouting.

What are your guys reviews on a tent? I've got a Hilleberg for later season but want a UL for summer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have been wracking my brain the past few days on this same subject. I was looking at the new MY TRAIL CO. tent?? Used to be golite.

What's "lightweight"?

I like my Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 for its size and weight (3#9oz w/footprint). Perfect for 1 guy gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
My wife and I use a Big Agnes copper spur 2 man for our hikes. 2 doors, two vestibules. Adequate room for two. It would be awesome for one man with hunting gear.

tttoadman

WKR
Lunar Solo LE - Six Moon Designs

Put some rocks on the stakes, and this is a pretty tough shelter that I would have no problem taking in any winter conditions. It pitches steep with a single pole. I built a 12"(collapsed) 5/8" diameter pole that fits this shelter if I don't want to use my trek pole. You can push the pole up straight and give yourself plenty of room to cook under cover. The only weak spot on these six moons shelters is the bottom of the zipper. They use a velcro strap, but I would rather see a small buckle like the MLD does.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
Don't mean to hijack the thread but im looking for the same, the fiance wants to do some backpacking this year and the floorless thing is not for her. I'm kind of disappointed that I'll have to leave the tarp and bivy at home, and spend the big bucks on an ultralight tent.

Looking hard currently at a ba copper spur and a hilleberg anjan, both in 2 person models, something I can use with her, and take solo as well. Anyone had both?

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Don't mean to hijack the thread but im looking for the same, the fiance wants to do some backpacking this year and the floorless thing is not for her. I'm kind of disappointed that I'll have to leave the tarp and bivy at home, and spend the big bucks on an ultralight tent.

Looking hard currently at a ba copper spur and a hilleberg anjan, both in 2 person models, something I can use with her, and take solo as well. Anyone had both?
I have the Anjan 2. Hands down, the best tent I've used.

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider

My 2 cents says you want two doors for sure. Thats9where the copper spur comes in plus it's tallet on the head end so you can sit up straight. Northface has one just like it but I don't remember the name. Anyways 2 doors and 2 vestibules is a must. It also takes maybe 3 minutes to set up. Poles are color coded and its super simple

Lunar Solo LE - Six Moon Designs

Put some rocks on the stakes, and this is a pretty tough shelter that I would have no problem taking in any winter conditions. It pitches steep with a single pole. I built a 12"(collapsed) 5/8" diameter pole that fits this shelter if I don't want to use my trek pole. You can push the pole up straight and give yourself plenty of room to cook under cover. The only weak spot on these six moons shelters is the bottom of the zipper. They use a velcro strap, but I would rather see a small buckle like the MLD does.
X2 on the lunar solo- love it

Lawnboi

WKR
2 doors would be nice, Iv got a 3p north face brick of a tent that I just don't want to carry anymore. Weather resistance needs to be up there too, which is the only thing that worries me with the big Agnes.

Seek outside cimmaron and nest is also an option I guess and it looks like that would provide a lot of room

Have you used the Annan with 2 people? The lady and I are both pretty small. How bout the copper spur in semi heavy wind in open country?

Tough decisions, sorry to derail I might need to make my own thread

Last edited:

Grumman

WKR
MSR Hubba Hubba NX for me. Even has an optional gear shed I take along when the dog is with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
I am interested in the new Nemo Equipment Spike 1 and 2 tents. Would like to see them in person.

Thanks,
Boswell

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
There are a ton of reviews on many of these tents on the REI site. Doesn't take long to figure out the "go to" tents for lightweight trips

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
There are a ton of reviews on many of these tents on the REI site. Doesn't take long to figure out the "go to" tents for lightweight trips
Ya, already done that one. Looking for different tent mentions that aren't your REI run of the mill. Like, Six Moons, etc