What’s your favorite pickle recipe?

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Down in the lower latitudes and started my garden super early in preparation for worst case scenario with covid. Anyway got a ton of cucumbers coming in and we want to make some pickles for the first time. Anyone got a good recipe they want to share? Would appreciate any advice and lessons on what not to do.

Clarence

WKR
I Google pickles like Clausen and work from there. Cut 1" from blossom end, and refrigerate immediately after harvesting. Let chill for at least overnight. Having them cold helps them stay crisp when you pour the hot mixture over them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
We do bread and butter, dill, hot, and my personal favorite cinnamon. Cinnamon pickles take about 3 weeks to make, but they are worth it if you like cinnamon. Add one to a glass of bourbon for a little cinnamon kick.

For dill and B&B we use Ball canning mix. Clarence is right on keeping them cold, but adding pickle crisp will keep them snappy as well. Or you can do the alum soak overnight.

Jeremy

Buy a gallon jar of dill pickles. Boil 2 dozen eggs. Toss the pickles and replace with the peeled boiled eggs. Add a couple dashes of dill weed spice. A few weeks later you will have a snack way better than pickles.

Down in the lower latitudes and started my garden super early in preparation for worst case scenario with covid. Anyway got a ton of cucumbers coming in and we want to make some pickles for the first time. Anyone got a good recipe they want to share? Would appreciate any advice and lessons on what not to do.
I made a bucket full of naturally fermented spicy garlic dill pickles a couple years ago. The natural sour flavor is great and they kept well.

OP
M

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Buy a gallon jar of dill pickles. Boil 2 dozen eggs. Toss the pickles and replace with the peeled boiled eggs. Add a couple dashes of dill weed spice. A few weeks later you will have a snack way better than pickles.
Wife and I are planning on doing pickled eggs as well. We used to get beet pickled eggs from a brewery before corona