What’s your favorite trigger?

Trr15

WKR
Surprised to see Jewell isn’t more popular. Almost every Remington guy I know raves about them. I have a couple and they are nice triggers. I also like Timneys and have replaced two factory Weatherby triggers with them. ELF tactical gets my vote for the AR platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyosam

WKR
Factory tikka turned down.

I’ve heard great things about reliability, but haven’t had mine long enough to judge that. But the factory trigger in my T3X, adjusted for lighter pull, feels as good or better than the Timney triggers in both my other bolt guns. I was planning on replacing the spring, but honestly I’m thinking it falls into the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” category.

OP
cattleman99

cattleman99

Lil-Rokslider
I had one in a Sendero build. I had two stoppages with the trigger and both were results of residual oil/dirt getting into the unit. (Per the shop that installed it). After a lengthy conversation with the gunsmith, I had it removed, left it with him, and went with a triggertech and have never looked back. It is a fantastic trigger for the right applications, I just dont think a field rifle is the right place for it. Right,wrong, or just a bad unit? Idk, but that was my personal experience with a Bix'n Andy trigger.
That is an interesting take on them. I’m sure there’s a bad experience for each trigger out there, though. I like Bix for their customization ability. Different sears for different actions, each pull weight is separately adjustable, length of stage, and trigger shoes can be changed. I’ve ran them in rain, dirt, mud etc. and haven’t had any issues. The biggest thing to me is the ability to tune it to your action to get perfect shot timing. That to me is most important, especially when hunting.
That being said, I have quite a few trigger techs too

C Bow

WKR
No factory trigger even in the universe even comes close to jewel

mcr-85

WKR
I had a Timney in my Rem 700 and sold it and put the triggertech in. I like it a lot better. I also like the factory Tikka trigger adjusted down. I haven't replaced the spring in my Tikka yet.

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
The only way this makes since is if you put a B&A BR trigger in the rifle. They now offer a field trigger called the Tacsport. I’ve been running them for 3 years Hunting throughout TX and NM. Zero issues and top notch customer service through bullet central.

For the record any neglect to any trigger will cause failure. Periodic maintenance is required

Joe S

I had one in a Sendero build. I had two stoppages with the trigger and both were results of residual oil/dirt getting into the unit. (Per the shop that installed it). After a lengthy conversation with the gunsmith, I had it removed, left it with him, and went with a triggertech and have never looked back. It is a fantastic trigger for the right applications, I just dont think a field rifle is the right place for it. Right,wrong, or just a bad unit? Idk, but that was my personal experience with a Bix'n Andy trigger.

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
They are great triggers but do not fair well in dusty conditions. Not long ago they were king of the hill. Now a days the market is flooded with quality triggers

Surprised to see Jewell isn’t more popular. Almost every Remington guy I know raves about them. I have a couple and they are nice triggers. I also like Timneys and have replaced two factory Weatherby triggers with them. ELF tactical gets my vote for the AR platform.

codym

WKR
Trigger tech diamond in a single stage. I have a cadex 2 stage that’s not bad. Want to try tt 2 stage and bix eventually

LaHunter

WKR
I have two Timney triggers in M700s and have been happy with them. They are set at 2 lbs and they break crisp at 2 lbs every time when I check them with my trigger scale.

Why TriggerTech is my favorite trigger:

>No sear bearing against trigger tension - there's a smooth roller between the sear and trigger that others don't have (the roller is better technology vs. no roller is a competitive disadvantage)
>The only user adjustment is pull weight with no action removal or tension nuts to mess with
>The trigger performance is identical between multiple triggers - all of them move and break identically with zero manipulation
>Works ideal as a bomb-proof hunting rifle trigger (as most better trigger makes do)

All but a couple of my rifles are 700 or 700 receiver clones that use a 700 drop-in. In the last two years I replaced all of the rifles with the TriggerTech 'Special' version. In the past I could have several of the better trigger makes but be able to say each trigger had distinctive travel or break characteristics - no two of the same make were the same. With the newer TriggerTechs you can blindfold me and I would not sense one from the other.

A note about 700 bolt release types: Most of my actions have a side bolt release and two have the vanilla-type button release in front of the trigger. Am not a fan of the TriggerTech bolt release mechanism. If you go with a TriggerTech in a 700 make, consider getting the trigger version that does not have the bolt release button and add a side release button to your receiver.

When the 700 Special goes on sale they can be had under $150. Then again, $180 is not paying too much. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
OP
cattleman99

cattleman99

Lil-Rokslider
Why TriggerTech is my favorite trigger:

>No sear bearing against trigger tension - there's a smooth roller between the sear and trigger that others don't have (the roller is better technology vs. no roller is a competitive disadvantage)
>The only user adjustment is pull weight with no action removal or tension nuts to mess with
>The trigger performance is identical between multiple triggers - all of them move and break identically with zero manipulation
>Works ideal as a bomb-proof hunting rifle trigger (as most better trigger makes do)

All but a couple of my rifles are 700 or 700 receiver clones that use a 700 drop-in. In the last two years I replaced all of the rifles with the TriggerTech 'Special' version. In the past I could have several of the better trigger makes but be able to say each trigger had distinctive travel or break characteristics - no two of the same make were the same. With the newer TriggerTechs you can blindfold me and I would not sense one from the other.

A note about 700 bolt release types: Most of my actions have a side bolt release and two have the vanilla-type button release in front of the trigger. Am not a fan of the TriggerTech bolt release mechanism. If you go with a TriggerTech in a 700 make, consider getting the trigger version that does not have the bolt release button and add a side release button to your receiver.

When the 700 Special goes on sale they can be had under $150. Then again, $180 is not paying too much. Hope this helps!
Trigger Tech make a heck of a trigger, and the technology in them is great. Crisp and clean, and stupid reliable. I only wish they were more adjustable.

Devildogg

FNG
I have a Calvin elite and 510 Timney and two of the cheapest trigger techs and I like the trigger techs better than the others.

View attachment 129316
Trigger Tech make a heck of a trigger, and the technology in them is great. Crisp and clean, and stupid reliable. I only wish they were more adjustable.

The only adjustable triggers I ever liked were the ones that needed adjustment - that's the way it used to be. So after years of adjusting triggers, I'm buying Trigger Techs because they do NOT require adjustment.

Attachments

• IMG_6380.jpg
    IMG_6380.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 7