Whats your NM draw strategy?

You never know. It took me 13 yrs to draw my first rifle 16A tag, then 1 yr to draw rifle 16D.
There is no reason to it as every yr. your odds are 1 -2% or so and don't increase with added yrs........

LostArra

WKR
You are now starting to buy elk points in Wyoming? I would suggest reading other posts in the General Discussion Forum unless you are 12 years old. I wish I could sell you mine.

Ehiggins

WKR
I guess I’m the odd man out here.

I’m 3 for 3 on NM elk tags as a NR.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kentuckybowman

Lil-Rokslider
My strategy is to not put into the New Mexico draw and hunt somewhere else where the tags are a lot easier to get.

rambo2345

WKR
Same as many of those above, have never drawn NM. Applied the last 10 or 12 years. Praying that it happens this year.

NM is my dream hunt - it's almost tempting just to save the coin and to work with an outfitter, but for now I'll just gamble.

WRO

WKR
It's relatively cheap to apply compared to many other western states..

I hunt antelope there every year so the license is just a given. Beyond that it's a 3 week loan.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
That's actually pretty solid advice, pretty much the same for AZ, so yeah you all should just skip us down here and head North. :)
Idaho tags are gone. Definitely Colorado

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
I apply for what I want to hunt and am grateful if I draw. I’d rather hunt where I want to.

Draw odds are better in CO. Especially where it burned last year. If you want good odds, apply for that hunt. Plus they should be easy to spot.

OP
Huntin_GI

Huntin_GI

WKR
You are now starting to buy elk points in Wyoming? I would suggest reading other posts in the General Discussion Forum unless you are 12 years old. I wish I could sell you mine.
I just deleted WY from my hunt planner after reading about all the issues. May move to WY as my commute would be under and hour and give it a few years as a resident.

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
being an out-of-state, unguided hunter, I swing for the fences with my choices. If I dont draw, I will go hunt Axis in Texas for cheap to get the freezer full.