What's Your Non-Truck Hunting Rig?

Jarl Varg

FNG
My brother has a 2010 Lexus GX 460 and he loves it. We have taken it on some pretty nasty roads with no problem at all.

Luety

FNG
2010 suburban 280k had a tranny around 200. Lifetime mpg according to console is 18. 3rd row removed, 2nd row folded with a tarp down to protect if youre putting in game or dirty gear. You can sleep back there, hold gear, throw seats around if you have company. I really like it for waterfowl hunting as well. I can get all my decoys and dog in his kennel back there and he's in the heat once we get out of the water.

R_burg

WKR
Body on frame = truck in my book, so all you Toyota boy's don't qualify for this thread, haha.

And I say this because mine is a built 98 100 series.

Our newest non truck… verdict is still out, but we needed something a little more economical (wife’s daily driver is our tundra) and it’s nice having a 3rd rig just in case… my stipulation was it should be able to handle some off-road use for fishing and hunting, so we got the crosstrek and put a 2” lift and ko2’s
What lift kit did you go with?

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
My hunting "rig" (haha) for years was all that I had - my DD - the 96 Corolla. She was a good and faithful companion.

It's encouraging to hear stories of little SUVs rocking with so many miles and used for hunting. I'm looking at such a vehicle for my daughter in college right now. Nothing new. $5-7k range. (I might get one for myself!)

corolla004.jpg

FLATHEAD

WKR
My hunting "rig" (haha) for years was all that I had - my DD - the 96 Corolla. She was a good and faithful companion.

It's encouraging to hear stories of little SUVs rocking with so many miles and used for hunting. I'm looking at such a vehicle for my daughter in college right now. Nothing new. $5-7k range. (I might get one for myself!)

View attachment 427374
My Wife's first car, then her Mother's. I bought it from her, sold it for profit.
Talked to the buyer later on and he asked if I had anymore of those?
Over 300K miles, still going strong.

Any of you non truck guys have any suggestions for cargo area liner that has some short sides on it for containing blood and dirt while out hunting? This is for a 04 tahoe if it matters.

Any of you non truck guys have any suggestions for cargo area liner that has some short sides on it for containing blood and dirt while out hunting? This is for a 04 tahoe if it matters.
Weather Tech. Can’t beat them in my opinion. I have an 03 Tahoe but don’t put bloody stuff in the back 😎 Cut them up and throw them in a cooler, just like out west.

Lcm12594

FNG
2016 crosstrek has worked out pretty well for everything I’ve needed so far up here in the northeast. Have stuffed a few deer in the back of an accord so the crosstrek is roomy compared to that!