What’s Your Outdoor Pursuit Calendar?

My outdoor pursuits are mostly fishing and hunting. I don’t focus on one pursuit all year long like some, but focus more on going after whatever is good at the moment to maximize my experience. Do you guys do the same thing? My outdoor cycle is based on 2-year chunks:

Even numbered year:
- January to March: Steelhead, Crabbing
- March through May: Walleye
- May through June: Bottomfish (rockfish/lingcod) and Trout/Kokanee
- June through through August: Salmon in saltwater, Bass, Walleye, flyfishing for Trout, Kokanee
- September through November: Elk and Deer, Salmon in rivers, Crabbing
- December: Mostly unwind and family time, crabbing, clamming

Odd numbered year:
Mostly the same except:
- June through August: I spend a lot less time on bass, walleye, and trout and spend some time flyfishing for humpies.

When conditions aren’t good, the boat is being serviced, or I have to be near home, I reload ammo, shoot my rifle, bow, and muzzleloader. I also shoot one IDPA match per month.

Spring = Turkey and Trout Fishing.

Summer I'm too busy with work.

Fall is dedicated to Elk and Deer hunts usually.

Winter I'll typically ski, snowboard, tie flies and look out the window hoping for an early spring.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Fishing:
Live in Southwest FL, so I fish offshore whenever time and lack of wind intersect.
Dec-Mar: Hogfish, scamp, porgy
April - Oct: King mackerel, blackfin tuna, cobia, red and gag grouper, red, mangrove, yellowtail, and mutton snapper, mahi-mahi
There is good inshore fishing for snook, redfish, tarpon, but I prefer to get offshore and get as far away from the nearest person as possible.
Hunting:
1 Western hunt per year typically...this year it is Archery elk hunt in September
Whitetail from Sept to Dec
Hogs year round
Working on property in Georgia year round....maintain roads, clear trails, bush hogging, spraying invasives, etc. There is always too much to do and not enough time to do it.

elkyinzer

WKR
I pretty much have fishing season and hunting season. Kind of envy living on the coast and having all that opportunity to fish and crab.

Sept - April is whitetail locally, I put a lot of hours into bowhunting and more scouting after season closes. Mess around with squirrel, grouse and rabbit a few times a year to scratch that itch.

I'll spring turkey hunt 1-2 times a year just to remind myself I'm not very into it.

April - September is fishing season. Most of my fishing is trips are to the great lakes, mostly Erie walleye and some Lake O salmonids, hauling the boat anywhere from 3-10 hours away. I usually get out there about 15 days a year in the form of 4-5 extended weekend trips.

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
Lol. Fatcamp is planning a hunt or hunting 365. As far as getting out there, we scout (on foot) 9-10 months out of the year if weather allows. April/May is turkey season, May-September is bowfishing, mid-June-August is spearfishing, paddlesfish snagging is in there somewhere, early september is archery deer, then starts rifle antelope, then deer through December. This year we're adding muzzy deer. We stay busy... :)

Poser

WKR
Snowboard: Nov-May/June
Turkey: April/May
Elk scouting/backpack: July -sept
Mtn bike/bikepack: may/June- Sept
Bear hunt: sept
Elk hunt: oct
Deer hunt: nov

ElyitOmee

FNG
I'm actually a great fan of fall deer hunting. I don't know why, but I feel the scent of the upcoming autumn. I love its golden leaves and beautiful deers.

January - Cutting firewood/ice fishing
February- Cutting firewood/ice fishing
March - Trapping
April - Turkeys and Walleye fishing
May - Turkeys, dog training and Walleye fishing
June - Walleye fishing and dog training
July - Walleye fishing and dog training
August - Perch fishing and dog training
September - Elk and some bird hunting
October - Whitetails and bird hunting
November - Whitetails and trapping
December - Whitetails, trapping, bird hunting