What's your plan for 2015

velvetfvr

WKR
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418173415.799684.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418173427.347590.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418173436.645878.jpg
Stayed with a 2013 spyder turbo again this season. Got new strings, 452x 24 strands, flo green, buckskin and tan colors I choose from johns customs. Clear halo servings.

Then I made a few changes to my arrows. Added custom onestringer wraps, green instead of red nocks, and a white top vane and 2 green vanes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418173679.232936.jpg

Bow shot all 21 of my arrows, which were bare shafts and had the wraps installed, through paper with perfect bullet holes. I was nock tuning them and got a bonus since that doubles as bare shafts through paper. Shot a fletched arrow through paper perfect also.

Need to bare shaft tune at distance and broadhead tune, and sight in, otherwise it is ready to roll.

May change the stabilizer wrap to max 1 camo instead or black, otherwise it is

Pic of the bow and arrows before I made some changes
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418174040.312021.jpg

TEmbry

WKR
Probably Moose, Caribou, and Blacktails...

Equipment wise I'll still be using my 2012 Mathews HeliM. I like to wait 6-8+ years before getting a new bow so I can actually tell a discernible difference between the two models.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dalton caribou for two weeks. Staying with the ol' hoyt carbon been toying with the idea of new cams through

Last edited:

Brent1321

Lil-Rokslider
I made a deal with myself, I will not buy a new hunting bow until I actually bloody the one I own. Think it is a 2010 or 2011. Whatever year it is, it will go out again this coming season, which seems forever away! And by bloody, I mean deer or elk.

lintond

WKR
Rolling with my CS Turbo again. :) Putting new strings on it shortly and probably switch from FMJ back to a full carbon arrow. Trying to learn to shoot back tension to help with some target panic. Haven't decided if I'll go that route for hunting or not, but have plenty of time to figure it out.

2012 Elite Answer but adding 80 pound limbs instead of 70's for this year. Want to pick up a second Answer or maybe a Energy 32 as well. Been using maxima hunters at 15% front of center for years and will continue to do so. I am also working on finding a smaller diameter arrow with an insert I like and think I may be onto something with an Easton Axis with a regular hit insert and then a deep six RPS insert both installed at the same time. With 100 grain heads the easton's are coming in 14-15% front of center, but that could improve if I end up cutting off the extra inch I have still on the back of the shaft to get them tuned with the 80 pound limbs.

Jimbob

WKR
New to me
Hoyt CST still in the mail (upgraded from 2004 Vipertec)
just ordered new BCY X strings (black and Kiwi) (shot 8125 material on old bow)
wrap and blazer vanes because they look cool (4" helical fletch on old arrows)
QAD tune a nock (standard cx nocks on old arrows)
Spot hogg tommy hogg, 2 pins 0.019 and 0.010 (old bow has 7 pin hogg it hunter)
tightspot quiver (2 piece hoyt quiver on old bow)

Staying with
maxima hunters
magnus 125 grain buzzcut stingers
b-stinger stab
Carter quickie release

I don't upgrade or change stuff very often so this is a big year for me ha ha. Looking forward to getting it all set-up and tuned for me.

Also I am upgrading my wife's stuff. She was into archery (3D and hunting) before we had our kids and now she is itching to get back into to some shooting and hunting. So new 8190 strings (flo pink and black), GT NTG pink arrows, Trophy ridge static stab pink/black, AXT black quiver and new release. she'll be surprised this christmas to see her bow decked out in some pink and ready for her to shoot.

Last edited:
Sticking with my Hoyt vector. Shoots better than I can. It's due for new strings. Keeping everything else the same for archery.

husky390

WKR
I'll be sticking with my 13 Elite Answer until I kill and elk with it. I have a Hoyt Maxxis 35 (backup to the Elite), and a PSE Phenom (target bow) that I hope to use to take down some KS whitetail. I might buy a Full Throttle if I can get it for the right price but I'm with Brent1321 that I wont get rid of the bow until I get to notch it.

danarnold

WKR
2013 strother wrath 65#, usually load with gold tip hunters with shuttle 100g out front for elk and 100g rage extreme for whitetail, 70# pse dream season backup bow for wyoming in september

edit
I'm prob gonna try Exodus swept 100g and ditch the shuttles, I've been hearing good things about them"Exodus" and i know some bad things about the other

Last edited:

charvey9

WKR
Waiting on a new Carbon Spyder Turbo ZT. Carbon Spyder 30 will move to the back-up role.

Will continue to shoot the Easton Deep 6 FMJ 330's and Muzzy Trocars.

Will be going after Oregon Spring Bear in April-May, Mountain Goat in Northern BC in August, Oregon Elk/Deer in September, and Moose in Alberta in October.

rhendrix

WKR
Hoyt CST
CBE Tek Hunter or Tommy Hogg (both in a 5 pin configuration)
TT Smackdown Pro
B-stinger stabilizer
Tightspot
Easton Axis 340's or GT Velocity XT's....not sure yet.
Slick Trick Magnums or Ulmer Edge broadheads...not sure yet, depends on if I pull an elk tag or not.

Probably Moose, Caribou, and Blacktails...

Equipment wise I'll still be using my 2012 Mathews HeliM. I like to wait 6-8+ years before getting a new bow so I can actually tell a discernible difference between the two models.

Did you go on the moose hunt that you drew a tag I. Alaska?

Exciting topic for me . Plan is to go shoot the new bows including Mathews, Hoyt, and Elite and pick the one I like. Arrows plan to use FMJ with 340 spine and either 125 or 150 grain BH (total arrow weight 440-465 ) depending on what flys best. I also plan to do my first elk hunts and already have 10 days off in mid Sep and another 10 off in mid Oct so I am VERY excited about 2015.

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2015 New Breed Genetix on order as well as the brand new model that New Breed is going to debut at the ATA. I am pretty excited about this one!

cordini

FNG
I'll probably stick with my '14 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo and CS34....I took my Elk with the Turbo, but the CS34 didn't get any action in the field. I'm sticking with my FMJ arrows and 125gr German Kinetic and Solids. I might dedicate 2015 to the Hoyt Buffalo because I just love shooting that bow !