What’s your rifle weigh?

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
My kimber Montana .308 with a leupold Vx3i 3.5-10x40 on Talley lw mounts and a Ti bolt knob is just above 6lbs. Shoots an honest MOA with 150 coppers of federal or Barnes. It’s not a long range sniper but an awesome little brush gun that puts 30cal holes in things.

Buzby

WKR
Being straight out of the box with zero mods, that’s pretty damn hard to beat right there! How’s it shoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve only had it out once so far. More of a function check than anything. Off a pack at 50yds it was right at an inch with 5 rounds, not cooling the barrel between shots or anything. Its my first light weight rifle. I’ll need to learn what kind of hold it likes and ammo. I’m sure it’ll be accurate enough for my needs. The recoil is better than I expected for the weight. It’s more of a slower push not as sharp.

Last edited:
My latest mountain rifle, Barrett Fieldcraft in 6.5 CM with LW Talley’s and Swaro Z3 3-9x36/Butler Creek caps. 6.08 lbs. I just set this up last night so haven’t had it to the range yet, but if it shoots as well or better than the .270 Kimber MA, it will go to Kodiak with me next month.
fc1735ab30d9c4600679707f6381fe48.jpg

My Barrett Fieldcraft in 21” 6.5 Creedmoor and Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 goes 7 lbs loaded.
c4c7eaeed090182168a5ec9326bf5a79.jpg

That’s a really nice set up, and very similar to mine. The NF scope/mounts/rings set up must be pretty heavy? Just curious.

That’s a really nice set up, and very similar to mine. The NF scope/mounts/rings set up must be pretty heavy? Just curious.

The scope is 19 oz and is mounted with Low Talley Rings. Weight is with the rubber eyecups and a light webbing sling as well. Cerakoted by Alaska Hydrographics. Definitely a step above the VX3 4.5-14 CDS that I had on my Adirondack 6.5. Was shooting some rocks in the wind recently and was so easy to dial right in on a 1 ft rock at just over 700 yards. Of course the sheep I just got was only at a 100.. haha.

Actually just weighed it again and its 6 lbs 11 oz scoped. 4 rounds of Barnes 127 LRX add 3 oz., so actually its still a couple ounces under 7 lbs.

untitled-181.jpg

Last edited:
The scope is 19 oz and is mounted with Low Talley Rings. Weight is with the rubber eyecups and a light webbing sling as well. Cerakoted by Alaska Hydrographics. Definitely a step above the VX3 4.5-14 CDS that I had on my Adirondack 6.5. Was shooting some rocks in the wind recently and was so easy to dial right in on a 1 ft rock at just over 700 yards. Of course the sheep I just got was only at a 100.. haha.

Actually just weighed it again and its 6 lbs 11 oz scoped. 4 rounds of Barnes 127 LRX add 3 oz., so actually its still a couple ounces under 7 lbs.

View attachment 116818

Gotcha. I’m also tossing around the cerakote idea but figured I take it to Kodiak first and see how bad it rusts before deciding.

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
I checked out the Browning Hells Canyon, Tikka and Kimbe. I loved how the Kimber Mountain Accent in 300 Win Mag felt. I topped it with a Leupold VX 5 HD.
It's a thumbtacker. Only drawback is they don't shoot well with a hot barrel.
Hopefully I'll only need 1 shot.

Gotcha. I’m also tossing around the cerakote idea but figured I take it to Kodiak first and see how bad it rusts before deciding.

keep it rubbed down with RIG universal 101 grease, very light coat = no rust

keep it rubbed down with RIG universal 101 grease, very light coat = no rust

Yeah, the only issue I have with that is just that I like to go minimalist, and other than just wiping the rain off with my shirt or something, I want my rifle to be super low maintenance while I’m on a hunt. I’ve never had a problem with any of my S/S Kimber’s, but I’ve heard that the Fieldcraft has had issues with premature rust. I imagine that I’ll just get it Cerakoted more than likely, and be done with it.

My current hunting rifle the past 2 seasons!
Custom 28Nosler built by my brother and myself. Comes in at 9lb 8oz with bipod and shoots amazing.
64CCC23D-8492-4EAF-BD91-925BA471A7EE.jpeg

Last edited:

Floorguy

WKR
Well he is my latest, I just picked up last night. After wanting on for years the sale at sportsmans and the rebate put it in my price range. Threw Talley lightweight lows on it and an old VX IIc 3-9 weight is at 7lb 1oz.
9ff366da08b20e7724b0495e5b4eaa46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

welpro222

WKR
I built a 6.5 Grendel in a ar platform. Weight is about about 7 lbs with scope. Built with a 18" fluted barrel and Frontier Armory plastic lower. The handling and ability to shoulder the rifle quicker over a standard bolt action is a winner for me. I used a quick release buckle and strap secured to the buffer tube and to the top of Kifaru frame, so I hangs like a single point sling and is mostly hands free when I'm hiking.

Tikka T3X 338/06 AI with vx3 in mountain tactical rail & Leupold Rifleman rings, MT bottom metal
6 lb 14.3 oz feels lighter …..

wodje96

FNG
Ive a Kimber montana in 300wsm, just under 7lb with a sling and full mag. I'm running talley detachables and leopold VX ultra (not sure they make that one anymore. It's a good rig. It's not like shooting a sendero though light rifles handle way differently to me. Kimbers short action montanas drop another lb off the weight (308, 7mm08) the one thing about the stock on the Kimber is that it makes recoil really manageable compared to wood stocked or other brand rifles. It's remarkable really