What’s your rifle weigh?

Trr15

WKR
Curious how you got the weight so high on the Tikka SL? I thought they came in at 6lb 1oz and the swaro at 12oz? Do you have any other mods? I'm looking at a SL myself and am trying to spec it out accurately before I drop the coin.
The only mod, other than what I listed, is a mountain tactical metal mag. The b&c stock added some weight, for sure. I don’t remember exactly how much.

Gutshotem

WKR
The only mod, other than what I listed, is a mountain tactical metal mag. The b&c stock added some weight, for sure. I don’t remember exactly how much.

Ok, that makes sense. My ADD kept me from reading past the first sentence so I completely missed the bottom metal and stock swap. Thanks for clearing that up.

LightFoot

WKR
Seekins Havak Element in 28 Nosler. Rifle alone weighs 5.7 lbs and that's with two QD mounts, a sling swivel stud, detachable magazine, an impressively stiff stock, and a fairly heavy contour on the barrel. With real rings, a Leupold Mark 5 scope, and a suppressor it's just 8.7 lbs. Pretty amazing for the price. View attachment 213661
That looks like an awesome setup. Are you braked or suppressed?

>>>----JAKE----->

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Not exactly sure, it maxed out my 11# scale before I added the bipod and sling. Guessing 13# ish I was lugging around all weekend. A downside to muzzleloaders...but it sure shoots great, so worth the extra weight over my Encore.

Been looking at ways to lighten my load. My current rifle is a rem 700 sendero in 300wm, weighing in at about 12lbs unloaded. Tossing around the idea of a new rifle, mainly only considering a tikka or savage in their respective lightweight models. But if there are other options under $1k I’m all ears.

My browning xbolt .308 with a burris elminator is around 8lbs all in....my next rifle will be a christiansen arms ...following this thread

Attachments

• 1111111.jpeg
    1111111.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 72
My thinking is that, if all goes right, I just need to feel the recoil once. I’m thinking 7-9lbs might be the sweet spot? I may pay for it during practice days at the range, but I’ll be happier in the field.
I'd say that 7-9 is a smart place to be for a carry rifle w/scope and rings.

This thread made me curious so ended up weighing my lightest and heaviest centerfires at exactly 7 and 10 pounds topped out minus bipods.

Photo shows my 10 pound 6CM with #3B Bartlein. I love it, but wouldn't own anything heavier.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.42.34 PM.png

Excluding alpine stuff, being in the #8-9 range for a sporter contour mag caliber is par if you include a scope make that will hold up.

bruno747

FNG
I kind of did the whole buy once cry once thing when it comes to light weight. I haven't measured it since I received it, but out of the box my backcountry TI in 280 ackley weighed in at 4lb 15.4 oz. Add on the mounts, and scope, and I arrive at 6.2lb without ammo or sling.

Pricey, yes, but man its a major difference compared to my 700 in 270, even with the same model scope and same length barrel.

lonedave

WKR
For the last few years, this has been my go to rifle (borrowed from my Dad :) ) .270 Remington Titanium Mountain rifle, Leupold 3x9 compact scope, Butler Creek Mountain sling, and 4 rounds of ammunition - 6.8# all in. My Dad still has his .260 with a 1x4 Leupold that is some lighter. Since 2014, this rifle has accounted for a Bighorn ram, 3 whitetail bucks, a mulie buck, and a spike bull elk.
IMG_3165.JPG

HDwild

WKR
14.9lbs... Too much for my hunting style.

Bergara B-14HMR in .300 WM with a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50, and an Allen bipod, so it wasn't meant to be ultralight but 14lbs sure can drag you down after hand-carrying it up and down a mountain.

I'm also looking at trading it in for a Tikka or Kimber!

jfs82

WKR
14.9lbs... Too much for my hunting style.

Bergara B-14HMR in .300 WM with a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50, and an Allen bipod, so it wasn't meant to be ultralight but 14lbs sure can drag you down after hand-carrying it up and down a mountain.

I'm also looking at trading it in for a Tikka or Kimber!
Makes my old man knees hurt just thinking about hiking downhill with that on.