What’s your rifle weigh?

Nice looking rifle. What is your component list to get a Rem 700 SA that light?
There was a lot of mill work on the action and bolt if I remember right kreiger light barrel and the stock is actually the stock off a rem ti 308 because I couldn’t make my mind up on a stock

Whhood

Lil-Rokslider
It’s possible with standard parts.
Remington 700 7mm-08. Fluted bolt, 22” barrel, factory bdl, and Manners UC stock. Sub 5 lbs is easy with an Anti or titanium action.B318161F-23E1-41F7-9486-A6B703CFD92D.jpeg

Question for folks with titanium actions. Is there a ti action out there that is at all relatively smooth? The few ti actions I’ve messed with were all very “sticky” when working the bolt, and this was while working it unloaded, not cycling rounds through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madcalfe

WKR
Question for folks with titanium actions. Is there a ti action out there that is at all relatively smooth? The few ti actions I’ve messed with were all very “sticky” when working the bolt, and this was while working it unloaded, not cycling rounds through it.

I've handled a lone peak razor Ti that was nitrated and it seems not to bad. I think nitrating them seems to help with the stickiness a bit. I still ended up going with a defiance anti and saving 1000$ over a lone peak razor Ti. lol couldn't justify 1000$ for 1 oz of saving

Whhood

Lil-Rokslider
If the stock question was directed at me, I like it. Very natural pointing. I believe it’s 18 and some change before I add the pillars. I’ll weigh it when I get back home. The barrel is a factory Remington .550 contour 22”. I think the barrel is 2 lbs exactly.

tdot

WKR

I have a Lone Peak Razor Ti with the Nitride coating. It started out smooth and now I'm pretty certain it's even smoother then new. I've put multiple rounds down range as fast as anything I've ever cycled. Put 2 quick bullets into a bull elk that I couldn't risk tracking, a steel action wouldn't have allowed me to cycle the rifle any faster.

Just sent a SA AntiX with Nitride off to the smith. It's the same weight as my XM Razor + picatinny rail. It'll be interesting to see how the actions compare once the build is finished.

OMB

WKR
Kimber Montana in 6.5CM, Talley mediums, Swaro Z3 3-10x42 BRH.

Originally was planning on taking my Christensen Ridgeline 300 WM (a bit over 8 lbs with VX-5) on a backpack sheep hunt in the NWT last summer but with Covid moving the hunt to 2022, decided to try to save some weight. Ran some cheaper Freedom Munitions 140 grain BTHP's the other weekend just to try it out and had 3/4" three round groups with zero effort. I thought the bare rifle felt almost too light, but that Z3 balances it out really well, can't wait to hunt with it.
unnamed.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ that should do the trick :)

I'm looking at that scope and the new VX-3HD Leupold, abut the same weight- I like the BRH reticle better, but the Leupold has CDS to dial.

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
6A72B7E3-7CFA-4839-BB4A-D5A2FCD048D6.jpeg
Just picked this up and pretty happy with it so far. Shot hornady 165 sub 2” at 200. I was really happy as it’s the first time I’ve shot a rifle this light.

My two Pierce Ti actions with Ti bolts are really smooth. The new DLC coating they put on them works extremely well.