Whats your shortest kill to date?

Beendare

WKR
There has to be some good stories of close kills....post em up.

I've missed a coyote at 5'....and passed a spike elk at arms length.....my closest kill would be one of the many hog charges I've had.

I don't think the arrow cleared the riser on a hog I had charge me in 4' tall grass in Australia.

Barely, I mean barely past fingertip reach with my arm stretched out. Needless to say, there was not much aiming involved.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I shot a Muley at 18 yards........I think that's my closest archery kill shot. I'm not patient enough to let them get too close. As soon as I have an open shot I'm comfortable with, I shoot.

whaletail

FNG
Great thread! Closest for me is this roosie at 6 steps. Cut his bugle off and he came in on a string.

a25c0394780c0b54b29f63cb5159a0a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoot

WKR
I shot my first elk at 8 feet. Also killed a whitetail buck when it ran into my broadhead at full draw. It cleared the edge of the tree i was behind and ran into the front of my fully drawn bow. It knocked me down and I triggered the release when it hit me. Broadhead entered its neck and he dropped 30 yards later.

Shot a doe at three feet while standing on the side of a trail. She walked out of the corn. I was standing on the side of the trail that’s an escape route into the the corn field from the woods.

My brother was trying to do a one person drive through a bedding area expecting the deer to run into the corn. As I am standing there I hear something behind me and see legs walking down the trail. The wind was blowing from me to her and I was just waiting for her to blow out. She kept coming and stopped about 10” from me. She took another step looked the other way and I raised my bow drew and shot while just pointing my arrow at her chest. There was no aiming involved. Heart shot and she dropped on the spot.

I could have smacked it in the ass and it would have died of a heart attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
I spined a 12 point at the base of my tree. I arrowed him between the shoulder blades and he dropped in his tracks. He was one step from my tree.

Haney

FNG
20 feet, Whitetail buck . Ruffed Grouse, at my feet...killed him with a shovel when he landed while I was harvesting potatoes . Made for a good meal .

TheTone

WKR
Javelina at a couple feet as it ran past me. I had to jump out of the way of the one behind it or else it would have ran into me