Whats your shortest kill to date?

Brendan

WKR
I've shot straight down on a whitetail buck with my bow, horizontal distance zero, so 20'?

Had another one come running in at a full run and skid to a stop at the bottom of my ladder stand looking up at me, so probably similar distance. The trick with that one was I was trying to look through the scope on my 270 WSM and pick a spot when all I saw was brown.... Took a follow-up shot as he was running away though because the first shot went in the thoracic opening, didn't hit any bone or heavy muscle and didn't expand at all.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Three feet from the base of the tree I was in. Doe went straight down, had to step over her when I got down. Dressed her, backed the truck up and loaded her. Was hunting the edge of a pipeline right of way.

Vandal 44

WKR
My closest was a frontal on a cougar at 15 yards. I was elk hunting and while cow calling this little guy paid me a visit
dce949a9deea7423b9ccea7f9dec65a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonWi

WKR
11 yards on a bush buck in SA from a ground blind.

I've killed deer, elk, and black bear..in the 15-19 yard range from a treestand

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1481340018361.jpg
    FB_IMG_1481340018361.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 8

BBob

WKR
3’ javelina. A buddy blew his stalk and sent them all which ways. Running full speed, swung on him with a 357 mag and thumped him right between the eye and ear. He skidded over onto his side about 5’ away and was still running but going nowhere 😮

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
Shotgun - turkey with a 10 gauge 4ft from the end of barrel
Bow - bunch under 10 yards. Closest was a Mule Deer at 6 yards maybe
Rifle - didn't shoot it, but had to raise my barrel so a doe running past me didnt knock it into the tree i was sitting in front of

Geewhiz

WKR
I shot a bull elk from the ground at 6 yards with my bow. It was exhilarating to say the least.