What's Your Side Hustle?

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
Any suggestions on how to get into the rental property game when prices are insane?
It's definitely a little trickier. Having funds readily available when a deal comes along is a plus. We got tired of dealing with banks and found a couple hard money lenders that were sitting on cash. Also, in my mind, inflated real estate is still worth buying (to an extent, of course), it'll just take a little longer to pay for itself. But that's a better investment than no investment. We started out buying fixers, and still do, so we can add value fairly quick. Renters will have most properties paid for in 7-10 years. At that point, keep them for the income and you have equity to borrow against for the next one, or sell it for what you paid (probably more) and do what you want with the cash. Real estate is a longer term game for me, but we started several years ago and are a couple years away from rentals relacing my income completely. Then I'll see you boys and girls out west more chasing bugles in the mountains! 🤣

Mosby

WKR
I have income off of gas leases and a rental property at the beach. Neither make me rich but both provide a decent amount of income during the year.

www.Storybuilt.com

Solid Austin, TX real estate builder and home tech company that issues stocks and possible IPO.

I’m living on dividends :)

Drive yachts in the summer for my motorcycle addictions

Life is berry berry good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i guess now i can add Property manager to the list of side hustles. Did alot of work on a cabin for a lady near my house. She asked if i would check the house when short time renters arent in it for a while and take care of little piddly items for her like replacing shower curtains and knobs on the cabinets. couple hundred bucks a month. but i spend maybe an hour a month up there.

My wife and I used to refinish antique furniture. Pretty fun finding solid but dated furniture at flea markets and garage sales, and fix it up throw some chalk paint on it and sell it. We even had space at an occasional shop in Buffalo, and made some decent money on it. That extra time is now taken up by the boys, and wouldn’t have it any other way!

Buffalo? NY guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk