What's Your Side Hustle?

I have become more interested in entrepreneurship lately. I always find it very interesting how and what people do to make some extra coin.

What's your side hustle, how'd ya get started, and what's your plan for it in the future?

Button

WKR
Selling cactus, it started with the 1st cactus tea. But then a terrible freeze happened and killed everything I couldn’t keep warm or give away leading up. It was great money. Now I just work some OT for $65hr until my crop grows back.

Forex trading. Indicies trading. Crypto. NFT flips. They said take the pandemic as an opportunity to learn something new. I went all in. Forex is the truth if you are willing to put in the extreme amount of time it takes to learn the market and the mindset. It took me about a year of waking up at 4:30 am and dedicating about 2-4 hours a day to it and it was WELL worth it. Well on track to turn it into my full time hopefully by next summer.

Mtn_Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I turned my side hustle of being a carpenter into my main hustle of being a contractor earlier this year. I came up in the trade until the recession then did it on the side for the last 10 years
Im a Carpenter with the last name Carpenter.... guess im what you call a thoroughbred LMAO but theres good money to be made and I enjoy it on most days. Would like to dabble in the furniture side of wood working though

zacattack

WKR
Pre kids and marriage I made hand carved fishing lures. They sold pretty well. Don’t really have time or space for it now. I have gotten back into tying flies, so might try and sell some later when my skills come back to me.

Poser

WKR
I hustle snowboards and related gear online: have a pool of customers and then also get a number of referrals. I do a short consultation and set them up with the appropriate gear for their needs. Commission + tips. Couple nights a week during winter retail season, sept-March.

Cryptos.

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
BBQ catering.

I started getting into BBQ a while ago since there was no good bbq joints in my area. After several years of learning, competing in a few KCBS competitions and doing well, I started catering on the side. First it was only family and friends. Then I put up a fb page and would take referrals. I used it to pay off all of my debt. Since my career has taken off significantly and my free time has decreased I have scaled back to family and friends.