What's Your Side Hustle?

Rick M.

WKR
I love these kinds of threads on Rokslide.

I'm a software engineer and have been pretty burnt out as of late. I am trying to learn Japanese joinery / furniture making in my free time, but haven't made much progress (it's a tough thing to learn from just books / YouTube).

I dream of the day I can stop writing code. It pays the bills and keeps my family secure, but damn if it's not killing my soul.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I make load hauling packs for kids. I also wouldn’t mind upping my furniture building game, but there’s only so many hours in a day. Gotta find something else because the old body won’t last much longer in my day job as a surveyor.

GotDraw?

WKR
I officiated high school through college and a couple years after. My roommate from college stuck with it and also does NCAA games. Great exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha!
I also refereed soccer in the DC area all through college and 2 years after as a professional referee-- 6 yrs total. Pretty high level ball. Was a great experience. Worked my way up to men's embassy leagues in DC, private high schools, public high schools, junior colleges.

Best,
JL

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Firefighter on the side. Mostly covering overnight shifts so I just go in and sleep at the station. It does suck when we get a call that keeps me up most the night and then have to go to work in the morning. Work some weekend shifts when I dont have anything else to do. Its a pretty fun gig.
I did that for several years. I know exactly what you are saying. Most nights its easy money but when a call comes in the night is shot.

Seasonal Forestry Road Maintenance. Long story, but It's been one of my side hustles for about 10 years. Might be getting closer to phasing this one out due to a wife and kids and a full time job though. Time to get into more passive revenue streams.

Attachments

• IMG_2896ab.jpg
    IMG_2896ab.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 101

Bigolmuley

Lil-Rokslider
Guide a few hunts
Have 30 cows
My own Rentals
I manage about 20 properties
I build homes for my full time. Getting out of that.
Looking into Crypto
Have not worked for anyone since I was 18. Well, an outfitter. But really don’t count that.

gbflyer

WKR
I do my own thing. I guess that is my “side hustle”. Never been on someone’s payroll for more than a month or so. It’s 7 days a week at times but that’s ok.

def90

WKR
There ain’t nuthin wrong with working bud.
That’s what this thread about.

Side Hustle.

I don’t get it, if you are working a side job for extra money why would you leave money on the table? Your time is a valuable commodity. Makes zero sense unless you just want “hustle” for nothing. The point of a side hustle is to maximize your earning potential so that you can A, either afford things you can’t with your regular job or B, potentially pack away money while you can for an early retirement.

cnelk

WKR
I don’t get it, if you are working a side job for extra money why would you leave money on the table? Your time is a valuable commodity. Makes zero sense unless you just want “hustle” for nothing. The point of a side hustle is to maximize your earning potential so that you can A, either afford things you can’t with your regular job or B, potentially pack away money while you can for an early retirement.

I’ve already made my first million dollars. 😂

You do you - I’ll do me. Deal?

It's hunting and fishing money.

When you are doing it for cheaper it's almost volunteer work that you can walk away from, like when you decide to go fishing instead of working.

You get to pricing it as they expect from everyone else, they expect you to work like everyone else.

Just depends on where you are in life. For Brad it's just a retirement gig I guess.

wayoh22

WKR
I officiated high school through college and a couple years after. My roommate from college stuck with it and also does NCAA games. Great exercise.

For sure, on average logging anywhere from 3.5-8 miles a game depending on who and whether D1, D2, D3. for the money it's hard to beat.

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
There comes a point where some people are very comfortable with what is in their bank account and they prioritize other things ahead of money.

Finch

WKR
It's hunting and fishing money.

When you are doing it for cheaper it's almost volunteer work that you can walk away from, like when you decide to go fishing instead of working.

You get to pricing it as they expect from everyone else, they expect you to work like everyone else.

Just depends on where you are in life. For Brad it's just a retirement gig I guess.
Better than being a Walmart greeter I'd say!