What's Your Side Hustle?

TheGDog

WKR
Within the last couple decades, about the only side hustle I did was just doing DJ work for a few parties to help re-coup the cost of the CD-Scratchers and Battle Mixer and Amp/PA I'd purchased for that hobby/passion I've enjoyed since about 14yo of Scratch-Mixing.

But I absolutely hate doing that chore for functions where the demographics are on the higher side and it's like pulling teeth to finally advance them into contemporary music choices that I would enjoy. Ya gotta go thru all this BS to slowly advance them toward (via your evolution of choices throughout the night) the contemporary stuff they like to b!tch and *say* they don't like, and show them it's EXACTLY what they need to have me playing if they want these women to be receptive and get into the right kinda vibe at the function!

Other than that, I've been on the grind coding for years at work and I'm finally a 6-Figga-N***a! Not bad for an Ex-Ghetto-Whiteboy from the 'hood without a College Degree. I dare say.

I suppose one of these days I'll finally get around to developing this system I thought about which involves a unique way to setup music for your next upcoming party. And I'm pretty sure I can make it a win-win for all parties involved. Me... the users.. and the content providers. Figure go that route when retired, turn it into something I can hand off to my boy.

minengr

FNG
Trying to get something with paracord off the ground. Things like rifle slings, game totes, call lanyards, key chains, etc. Only been at it a month or so, but it's been slow going. Lots of established competitors.

wayoh22

WKR
Ha!
I also refereed soccer in the DC area all through college and 2 years after as a professional referee-- 6 yrs total. Pretty high level ball. Was a great experience. Worked my way up to men's embassy leagues in DC, private high schools, public high schools, junior colleges.

Best,
JL
Get back into it if you can, the money to be made per game is crazy right now. $800 to run a line in some leagues. Easiest money I'll ever make in 2hrs

Get back into it if you can, the money to be made per game is crazy right now. $800 to run a line in some leagues. Easiest money I'll ever make in 2hrs
man thats crazy one of my bosses is a SEC Football ref. hes now aged out of the field and is a replay ref. or whatever they call them

Superdoo

WKR
I set up concerts, essentially a roadie for hire. I get paid a 4 hour minimum to set up and another 4 to take it down. Usually only spend 4 to 5 hours to do both. The shows are free too!

I also caulk and seal concrete driveways. Nothing better than getting paid to be on my knees playing with my caulk.
...that came out wrong... :oops:

jlh42581

WKR
Few years it was making custom whitetail scents. Im not talking about bottling piss either, I was tincturing actual glands. Ive put an end to it though, when whatever I have is gone thats it, its not worth the energy though people reported good success and repeat customers many times. I shut it all down, last year I didnt put any glands away, killed the website... when its gone its gone.

Id like a food truck honestly, big shift :D

TheGDog

WKR
I also caulk and seal concrete driveways. Nothing better than getting paid to be on my knees playing with my caulk.
...that came out wrong... :oops:
That's funny man... made me laugh because my wife, knowing how I am.. she always makes sure to pronounce it "Call-k" on purpose so I won't "go there" with the wisecracks, HaHA!

Skee7533

FNG
Umpire slow pitch softball for the local league. Not alot of money but enough to buy a nonresident tag or two a year.

I still contract once in a while as a Right of Way tree faller, been known to cut firewood or operate an excavator digging water or sewer line. I love running chainsaws and falling timber but I’m too broken up to do it full time anymore. Running a digger once in a while helps me appreciate the job that I have now!🤣

I retired a year and a half ago as a Construction PM.

I then started my own business as a Project Assistant/Handyman

I work 2-3 days a week. Billing at $30/hr
There is so much work and money to be made out there it’s ridiculous.

View attachment 340690
Can I hire you to be my part time PM/assistant? All the time off you want for hunting and family.

I donoate plasma with Biolife. Twice a week and it pays a little over 100 bucks a week depending on the bonuses they have. It adds up quick if I don't blow it on cigars.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TX_Diver

WKR
Main job is construction management with one of the larger contractors in the country. I move all over typically working on larger jobs.

Right now my wife and I are working on setting up some construction training type stuff on the side. Specifically writing RFIs, Technical Writing, Letters & Communication, etc. on the side aimed at project engineer and manager type roles.

It's about impossible to find well qualified workers right now for management roles, and the ones we have aren't always as up to speed as we'd like them to be, so it seems like putting some time into "formal" training would be worthwhile. Most companies seem to be geared towards doing this training internally, but I can't say I've seen it work well and think it could be expedited a bit. Some people respond better to outside instruction too from what I've seen so far.

So if any of you have some employees that need help with that kind of stuff feel free to shoot me a PM!

My Side hustle is cutting trees next to peoples houses that nobody else wants to cut . My real job is to argue with my boss and try to get him to fire me. Im my own boss. .

Long time lurker so I’ll post first here.
My main gig is a musician with a large city symphony orchestra.
My side hustle is a handful of private students that all pay cash or PayPal. That buys all the camo and ammo.
I like to joke that I have a liberal job with red neck hobbies!

Poser

WKR
Long time lurker so I’ll post first here.
My main gig is a musician with a large city symphony orchestra.
My side hustle is a handful of private students that all pay cash or PayPal. That buys all the camo and ammo.
I like to joke that I have a liberal job with red neck hobbies!

Wow. That’s an impressive gig and very difficult to achieve. I’m sure the pay is decent for being a musician, especially a orchestral musician, but the amount of baseline talent + dedication and work ethic that it takes to get to that level is achieved by very few.

Clarktar

WKR
I deliver a FedEx route on one of my days off from my full time job every week. It’s strictly to fund my hunting . My wife is perfectly ok with it because I never have to tap into our household income for hunting things.
This sounds good to me. I'ma look into it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I build custom recurves and longbows, as well as run an archery shop selling new compound bows, custom arrows, accessories, tuning, string changes etc. I teach high school during the day and do this in the afternoons and on weekends. There really isn't anybody around here to do this type of work and I enjoy helping people shoot better.

Where are you located? I am just getting back into trad bows and I’m freaking lost when it comes to arrows.