What’s your take on euro skulls?

cnelk

WKR
Euros are plentiful in my house. From moose elk deer pronghorn.

I have a good buddy that does about 1000 euros a year, so he just slides my stuff in

Attachments

• 09009809-EFB1-4AA2-8094-F960F5528588.jpeg
    09009809-EFB1-4AA2-8094-F960F5528588.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 42

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm with MuleyFever. I only have one goat and one dall sheep that have been shoulder mounted. I contemplated shoulder mounting my bison but I talked myself out of it. The only other animal I would consider shoulder mounting would be a muskox. Love the look of them.

I like euro's enough that I bought beetles and started cleaning my own.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
A friend of mine killed two really nice whitetail bucks here in virginia, I mean a couple bucks that ANYONE in our area would mount, for most people once in a lifetime bucks. He euro mounted them, when someone asked why he didnt do a shoulder mount on them he replied...."with shoulder mounts they hang on the wall, and people see them, and can stare at them etc. and that's about it, but with a euro mount they can grab them and hold them, actually feel the mass and really look at them and feel the weight of the horns and such."

that made alot of sense to me, and gave me a whole new perspective on euro mounts

OP
bguitierez
I'm with MuleyFever. I only have one goat and one dall sheep that have been shoulder mounted. I contemplated shoulder mounting my bison but I talked myself out of it. The only other animal I would consider shoulder mounting would be a muskox. Love the look of them.

I like euro's enough that I bought beetles and started cleaning my own.

That’s pretty cool. And buying beetles would probably qualify you as a man preferring euros!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
bguitierez
A friend of mine killed two really nice whitetail bucks here in virginia, I mean a couple bucks that ANYONE in our area would mount, for most people once in a lifetime bucks. He euro mounted them, when someone asked why he didnt do a shoulder mount on them he replied...."with shoulder mounts they hang on the wall, and people see them, and can stare at them etc. and that's about it, but with a euro mount they can grab them and hold them, actually feel the mass and really look at them and feel the weight of the horns and such."

that made alot of sense to me, and gave me a whole new perspective on euro mounts

That’s a huge point right there. Your friend has a pretty cool perspective. Thank you brother.

OP
bguitierez
for sure, it definitely changed my perspective on mounts, all of mine will be euro's from here on unless i kill something super spectacular

It’s funny for me, and this is just me of course. I like them both. I grew up with Mule Deer and Blacktails running around. I think they are beautiful looking, especially when they dawn their winter coats. That said my best Muley buck (4x4) is a euro, and my first two archery bucks, a nice Muley forked horn, and a Blacktail 4x3 velvet buck are shoulder mount. Haha. You should see the confusion on people’s faces when they see them for the first time. Lol

16Bore

WKR
I like euros for everything. Most guys are after "big", but I'm looking for a spike with crossed antlers.

Just for conversation.

Sadler

WKR
Man that sucks. Is there anyway to take it to a professional shop and have it re-done?

That’s a good question. Anybody here know the answer? I’m assuming it can’t be done since the hide has been set, but hopefully I’m wrong. I wanted to just take the antlers off and attach them one of those fake skulls, but I think that might look a bit tacky.

OP
bguitierez
That’s a good question. Anybody here know the answer? I’m assuming it can’t be done since the hide has been set, but hopefully I’m wrong. I wanted to just take the antlers off and attach them one of those fake skulls, but I think that might look a bit tacky.

Don’t do the plastic skull thing IMO. There’s gotta be a way, but if not you should still be able to use the cape if a different deer with the antlers from the one your buddy messed up.

I cut a couple knotholes off some trees....

IMG_5027_zpsa8b25f3d.jpg

IMG_5028_zps659b2e03.jpg

IMG_5039_zps76a26790.jpg