What's your training weight material?

Construction style sand bags. Around 40lbs. Also use bumper plates when going heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregB

WKR
Stacks of bricks taped together w/ 3 layers of duct tape and a layer of bubble wrap.

highstepper

Lil-Rokslider
2 25lb bags of lead shot. They come in handy when sighting in big boomers, too.

ace4

FNG
The lead shot might be good for sighting in, but can you eat it when you get hungry like the sun flower seeds? Point to the seeds. :D

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ammo in ammo cans wrapped in beach towels...

It was what I could put my hands on fast one day when I found a min to go on my first weighted pack hike and it worked so well I haven’t felt the need to change it.

Clarence

WKR
I like wood pellets like a few other folks have suggested. Good volume, easy to clean up if the bag tears, and I'm not baiting critters into my pack.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I like wood pellets like a few other folks have suggested. Good volume, easy to clean up if the bag tears, and I'm not baiting critters into my pack.

Now that it's winter and I can find them, I'm on the pellet train also. 5.50 per 40lb bag and 80lbs of pellets is not nearly as hard on my pack frame as 80lbs of plates.

feanor

WKR
Bags of dog food
Bingo. When you’re done with the dog food bags, fill them with dirt and shape them to fit the pack as desired with duct tape. You can make multiple shapes and weights since the ole doggy is always going to be eating food and finishing bags.

PA-R

Lil-Rokslider
I use 2 inch PVC pipe. Looks like a ladder when you get it all glue up. 22 inches length, 12 inches wide. Caps on the top, pour sand in it, put caps back on. Got one that weighs 25 lbs, another one weighs 15 lbs, can carry both together. they compress very close. Cost not sure, had some pipe and fittings. If you had to buy all, 20.00-25.00. If you want more weight, use 3 inch, you can always pour some sand out.