Wheeler fat wrench.

Question about the wheeler fat wrench. The mechanical one not the digital.

let say somthing requires 17 inch lbs.

I notice the hashes are pretty basic at 20, 30 etc.

Do you just have to guess where 17lb would be ? Or do you just go to 20 hash and call it a day.

I believe with the digital you can lock it down at what ever you want. 16,17,18lbs correct? But I don’t like the fact that the digital does “ pop “ when you get to that pressure.

thanks

packer58

WKR
Not really sure how to explain this but here it goes, when you pull the base away from the body to change torque values just count the revolutions between lets say 15 and 20 inch pounds, knowing the revs between the two you could guess 17 pretty easily.

Not really sure how to explain this but here it goes, when you pull the base away from the body to change torque values just count the revolutions between lets say 15 and 20 inch pounds, knowing the revs between the two you could guess 17 pretty easily.

I’ve been using a fat wrench for almost 10 years and this just blew my mind. I’ve always just eyeballed it to no ill effect but your way is definitely more quantitative.

OP
F
It did run by my head about counting revolutions. Like a regular torque wrench for a car but the revolution is labeled. Was just curious thank you.

LaHunter

WKR
Question about the wheeler fat wrench. The mechanical one not the digital.

let say somthing requires 17 inch lbs.

I notice the hashes are pretty basic at 20, 30 etc.

Do you just have to guess where 17lb would be ? Or do you just go to 20 hash and call it a day.

I believe with the digital you can lock it down at what ever you want. 16,17,18lbs correct? But I don’t like the fact that the digital does “ pop “ when you get to that pressure.

thanks
The mechanical ‘pops’ at the torque setting. The digital does not ‘pop’. The digital has a digital reading and will beep when you reach the setting. I have both and prefer the digital.

Zslayer

FNG
I’ve been using for for years as well....guess you learn something new everyday! Haha

WCB

WKR
I just eye ball it...as said above count revolutions but eye balling just under 20lbs would work

OP
F
the digital one doesn't pop right, just solid beep when your there?

Which one do you guys prefer? Digital or Non Digital?

I'm not sure it really matters.
I think the point is most people way over torque if doing it by feel.
This way even if you're off a pound at least all screws would be even.

I didn't even know they made a digital one now.
But click wrenches have been torque things for years.
And electronics fail

KyleM4130

Lil-Rokslider
I always just go a hair below 20. There’s always a plus or minus to torque specs so you’re well within spec.