When did the out lying impact automatically become the "pulled flyer"?

More of a sarcastic rant. I've never made a video for youTube. But when did every round outside of the group become the automatic "Pulled Flyer"? Is the world really THAT full of DBs?

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Feel the same way about putting a coin next to their groups to obviously hide the shot that they “didn’t do their part” on. I know how big bullet holes are I don’t need a scale!!

OP
J
Throw a dart at nearly EVERY video posted...."That shot right there....I must have pulled that one".....

Wouldn't we all like to Cherry Pick the best shit in developing a Long Range scope/rifle/ammo combo? The Pulled Flyer does nothing for the scientific data testing you SHOULD be collecting in a non biased manner. Pull the name Brands and look at the data....Flyers included.

WCB

WKR
pulled shots or screw ups don't count unless called immediately after the shot. They are legit. I can call a shot as soon as it goes off if I do something stupid. But, I agree that I'll agree that everyone is taking their best group and calling it the norm. But this goes along with the norm of guys on video making a horrible shot and then talking about how they "smoked em". Finally drop/hit a buck the third shot and say"good shot"

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Would you rather they pull one of the shots as a "flyer" that's in the middle of the group?

Rifle is what it is for me, at least on a bench. But for archery I call all my shots, and know where they hit before I even get to the target.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Would you rather they pull one of the shots as a "flyer" that's in the middle of the group?

It’s actually just as likely that it is....

The whole nonsense about “flyers” and called shots is absurd when shooting from a bench. It is not difficult to press a trigger from a rifle that is on sandbags. If someone can not do so without having a siezure behind the gun, they shouldn’t be talking about accuracy at all.

Having done it thousands of times, I guarantee you that if you put a target just far enough away that the shooter can’t see the impacts, have them shoot a group while you log and mark where each round goes, then ask them if they had any “called shots”- they’ll say something to the effect of “yeah the fourth shot felt bad”. When they get to the target, there is one or two shots out of the “group, and they exclaim that those were the called shots. Problem is, you logged and marked each shot, and their supposed “bad fourth shot” was actually in the group. And the outlier was not the “called” shot at all.

Guns do not shoot to a point, they shoot in a cone. 3/5/7whatever shots is not a “group”. They are singular random events that happen sporadically inside the cone. Anyone that has had or remembers base statistics will understand this.

Reactions: wyo

MThuntr

WKR
I could probably call a flier if it has a horizontal string...perfect elevation but say .25" to the right...that's likely trigger control. Otherwise I call BS on knowing it's you.

A buddy's little Rem Model 7 shoots 2moa so I think every shot is a flier.

BigSky

WKR
Feel the same way about putting a coin next to their groups to obviously hide the shot that they “didn’t do their part” on.
4MlSwd4.jpg

16Bore

WKR
The dreaded “2 in, 1 out”. 3 shot groups are fine, just do it 3 or 4 times in a row.

Marketer2

FNG
Hahahaha. I’ve wondered the same thing. Pretty sure it’s just an excuse but who knows?

FLS

WKR
Yeah, I’ve never seen so many rifles and shooters able to shoot in the .2s and .3s.
Cherry picked bullshit.

16Bore

WKR
Happens all the time for me. Couple in the .2’s, then .5’s, then 1.2’s.....😜

If the first two shots touch, the third is a mindphuqq. After that the barrel is too hot and there’s mirage, wind, moon phase, atmospheric pressure and all those other things if I do my part all day long.

204guy

WKR
You're missing a couple decimals. It's supposed to be .215" then .409" etc. If you're not measuring to the thousandth how precise are you really?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
I really didn’t know that I was supposed to. Hell...for that matter I was kind of a 1/2 inch, 1 inch, 2 inch group kinda guy. Then I learned that I was supposed to be speaking in minutes of angle, and now thousandths.

I should give up shooting....everyone’s all benchrest and snipered up these days.

I was told that talking rifles to a real sniper is about like talking hammers to a carpenter because either one could really give a shit.

Dunno....

Wrench

WKR
Measurements in minutes and corrections in mils and about 10% of the people doing so can do the math to square it up...