When is KUIU getting new shipment?

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Wanting to buy the Teton LS crew T. Hasnt been available in a while. No idea when/if it will be available before my CO muzzy hunt. Also, is the Peloton 130 LS crew T a good substitute? By base layer is the black ovis 200 merino wool whatever it is that they sale on camofire every so often. I like it but need a camo pattern to pair with it. Do you guys think the Peloton is a good substitute for the Teton if thats not available?

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
You might want to email their customer support. In my experience they've been very responsive and can help with both questions. I have a Teton and love it but unfortunately cannot speak to the Peloton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the peloton much more than the teton as a base layerat least in hot weathern. Teton had a weird fit and didn't breathe or dry as quick as the peloton. If u are looking to wear the teton or peloton over the black ovis Merino then u might want to size up both teton and peloton seemed slimmer fit styles. The 200 Merino will be a heavier weight than both kuiu items

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input. I haven't bought any quality hunting clothes in quite awhile so how thin these materials are is amazing. What shirt or better yet material will wear longer. My black orvis is quite warm by itself as I've done 4 hikes in the mountains above Anchorage but it seems like it's a little "fragile". Whats your opinion guys for a long wearable camo shirt.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
I'd second the give them a call. They aren't quite Kifaru's customer service, but they are pretty helpful and they try to give you the info, if they have it - which is what I tend to find is the problem, if there is one.

As for the Peleton v. the teton series, keep in mind the teton is their "budget" friendly line. Basically, the Peleton series is designed for "constantly wet" conditions and is slightly more than the teton line price-wise. Then the merino is their "wear it forever and it'll smell alright" line and also the most pricey. The teton is a little thinner than the Peleton. For CO, any of those 3 lines will do...

Good Luck!

I needed a new pair of KUIU Alpine pants and my size/pattern had been out of stock until just the past few days. I noticed all sizes and patterns were replenished and I was able to make the purchase.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have been waiting for brown peleton 200 gloves to be back in stock for 6mo, customer service doesn't know when either. Small thing but I would like another pair.

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
So I called customer service about Teton LS. She said another shipment in early fall around September. Does me no good. Probably same for others not in stock.

I wanted the 145 Merino 1/4 zip in forest/black. When I called CS she basically told me she didn't know if it would be restocked. I ended up buying the crew neck version and it's a little darker than the website picture makes it look. In hindsight, I should have bought the brindle before it sold out if I was going to get the crew neck anyway, but I thought it looked too lightly colored...

The CS lady basically told me not to hold your breathe for solid colors because they sell so few compared to camo that shipments are pretty irregular.

I thought that was odd being how popular the brown attack pants seem to be. (Which I also bought a pair of.)

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I wanted the 145 Merino 1/4 zip in forest/black. When I called CS she basically told me she didn't know if it would be restocked. I ended up buying the crew neck version and it's a little darker than the website picture makes it look. In hindsight, I should have bought the brindle before it sold out if I was going to get the crew neck anyway, but I thought it looked too lightly colored...

The CS lady basically told me not to hold your breathe for solid colors because they sell so few compared to camo that shipments are pretty irregular.

I thought that was odd being how popular the brown attack pants seem to be. (Which I also bought a pair of.)

They've been saying (at least Jason did on a podcast) they were actually going to expand their solids offering. I've been holding my breath. Sounds like I should stop.

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
All I see on forums and Facebook and even their live event the other day was people asking for solid color items. I actually bought a few First Lite pieces to see if I like them because they have a nice selection of solid color items. If I like them, I may switch over.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
All I see on forums and Facebook and even their live event the other day was people asking for solid color items. I actually bought a few First Lite pieces to see if I like them because they have a nice selection of solid color items. If I like them, I may switch over.

I'm in the same exact boat :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
Waited for their gaiters in grey size L since late December. They had a few in for a moment I guess, but sold out before I saw them (checking every 2-3 days). Customer service informed me next expected shipment is in September, so I picked up another brand instead. I may still end up getting a pair, as I've heard nothing but great things about them, but 6 months wait already is a little much, and I'm not a big camo guy.

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
Ya, six months is a long time. I have been waiting for a solid color Chugach jacket and a solid color Peleton beanie for a LONNNNNNNNG time. Between being out of stock, no solid colors, AND the big jump in prices it may be time to look at another brand.

topher89

WKR
I was going to go the Kuiu route but ended up with First Lite and assorted mountaineering gear. Why wait around for stuff to get re-stocked when it is not noticeably better than anything else out there? Life is too short to wait around for restocks

I was going to go the Kuiu route but ended up with First Lite and assorted mountaineering gear. Why wait around for stuff to get re-stocked when it is not noticeably better than anything else out there? Life is too short to wait around for restocks

I really wanted to buy the First Lite Chama but the seam didn't fit my shoulders as well as the kuiu seams.

slick trick

Lil-Rokslider
if your wanting solid color pants, go to Eddie Bauer guide or horizon chino guides, I have Sitka pants and all of the Kuiu pants and I let my friends wear them- because I had rather wear the Eddies, lighter, stretch good, wear good and very tough....