When is the last time you changed your DL and by how much?

How much did you change it by

• Total voters

dkime

WKR
Humor me here folks, Curious as to how many of you actively change your DL and when the last time you changed it? Also feel free to add the "why" behind your change.

I change it by 1/2" everytime I pickup my hunting bow.

I shoot a little shorter with longer ATA.

Past year I played with my draw length a fair amount. Ended up shorter overall, but I use a longer d-loop on my longer ATA bows to keep the string on the same place on my nose, which causes me to need to shorten the DL on them.

Zac

WKR
I went from 29.5 down to 29 on the Hoyt Mod so that I could get a little extra juice. I just lengthen the loop a little.

OP
D

dkime

WKR
I went from 29.5 down to 29 on the Hoyt Mod so that I could get a little extra juice. I just lengthen the loop a little.
I assume that put you into a #2 cam for performance?

xcutter

WKR
What would you say it helped you with?
I had been shooting 29 inch draw for close to 20 years. When I bought an RX3 Ultra I was having trouble getting a consistent anchor point. Leaning my head. Extended to 29.5 for anchoring. Seemed like it helped my pin float some as well. Slowing it down.

OR Archer

WKR
Redid mine about a month ago. Shortened it a 1/4”. Not something I do often. I normally work that part out during initial set up.

OP
D

dkime

WKR
Redid mine about a month ago. Shortened it a 1/4”. Not something I do often. I normally work that part out during initial set up.
We need to come up with a new measurement (Anchor Length or something to that effect) that takes changing DL, D Loop, and Release head/neck length into consideration. I just haven't come up with an effective means of doing it yet.

OR Archer

WKR
We need to come up with a new measurement (Anchor Length or something to that effect) that takes changing DL, D Loop, and Release head/neck length into consideration. I just haven't come up with an effective means of doing it yet.
Good luck with that lol.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have four bows with four different draw lengths. I always anchor the same for all four, but for three of them I just bend my bow arm more. So all different draw lengths but within 9/16" from longest to shortest. When you have an almost 33" draw, you just do what you gotta do to shoot well.

MAndrews

FNG
Changed mine from 28.5" to 29". When the bow shop measured me and did the math and came up with 28.0". Based on working with a coach and noticing that I couldn't get my string to my nose made me go longer. It's much more comfortable and my shooting is improving as well due to a consistent anchor.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been a 30 on a switchback, halon, and Hoyt carbon defiant turbo. Recently bought a used traverse that came with a 30.5 and it felt comfortable. Bow shop tech agreed it looked good so keeping the extra length. Didn’t try a 30 on the traverse to know if it would be better