When the Universe is conspiring against you...

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Well... perhaps the Universe is trying to atone for it's sins.

Met a real nice guy out there today. He's been hunting in the same general area I'm currently focused on, but for 20 yrs. We talked at length. He directed me to some areas and explained his hunting style with is continuously moving and getting above some spots and throwing rocks down in to bump them, and ya gotta be ready to seize the opportunity when they bump. Apparently if ya go way in the hell in there's possibility of up to 4x4's. But the areas he spoke on he explained mostly forkies and sometimes barely legal ones. Sometimes heavy. I'll take it!

Clothes in the wash, shower and zonk. Tomorrow dry em so ready for Friday leaving at 3:30a

Wow, Thats why when I head west I start the year before with preparing, If I figure I am going to sleep in my truck I will give it a few test runs at home so I can work out the bugs. jump back take a deep breath and go for it is my motto, once on the hunt if something goes bonkers o.k. think it over and adjust. See all in 2023 gotta go and start getting ready.

You guys that sleep in your trucks should check out tent cots. Add a sleeping pad it’s worlds better.
AMEN to that! I bought a tent cot a couple years ago just for that 1st night after traveling. Best decision I ever made. I actually get some sleep and wake up the next morning ready for scouting/camp setup.