when the world made sense

Billinsd

WKR
Back "when the world made sense"....
We hated everything Japanese and German. It was taught to us.
We witnessed their atrocities, especially the Japanese, through our fathers eyes who suffered greatly defeating them. Yes, we should have moved on sooner.
Our Viet Nam vets came home to a country which didn't largely appreciate their service.
Many of our vets came home and were spit on. They fought in a war that they were prevented from winning. Korea was basically the same, except the vets weren't spit on, they were ignored.
There was overt racism in every state.
Some states were very bad others were not. There always was and always will be overt racism. Now there is racism and fascism against white Christians and people are given preference on the color of their skin, so long as it's not white
Women were lucky to make half the money men did.
Women were women and expected to stay at home and raise children. Now women and men don't know what they are supposed to do or how to act and children suffer with both parents working or struggling to make ends meet with one parent staying at home. Women still don't make as much as men according to some. And American women have lost their charm and are more unhappy than ever. Yes, a woman nurse makes as much as a male nurse and a woman teacher makes the same as a male teacher. However, engineers make more than teachers and nurses, which is wrong because most engineers are men and most nurses and teachers are women, so something has to be done to fix that.
There were stewardesses....period.
LOL, that was the worst thing that ever happened. Now they are called flight attendants and the world is a better place?
A Texas Instruments calculator was forbidden in school. A Schrade with 6" blade was fine.
LOL, That's because we were supposed to learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide without cheating with a calculator. A knife was allowed, because the country was a more sane place and it wasn't a problem.
Teachers used custom made paddles to enforce and punish. Today it's called "battery".
Teachers are in powerful unions that support Democrats, who support them and teachers don't teach anymore. Gavin Newsom signed a law that prohibits California middle and elementary schools from suspending students and sending them home for willful defiance, defined in the state's education code as “disrupting school activities or otherwise willfully defying the valid authority” of school staff.
The NRA was a friendly organization which was known for gun safety and hunter education.
And the 2nd Amendment wasn't under the unrelenting attacks like it is now.
Sunday hunting was forbidden in Ohio, but I could kill fish all day.
Now any symbols of Christianity have been stricken off public property, including ripping crosses off of veteran memorials.
We understood that a long rifle shot was 350 yards and 450 was stretching it.
That was a long shot back in the day with open sights, primitive scopes, and no range finders. Now that's not a long shot.
'Corrupt Politician' wasn't an exercise in redundancy.
We've had plenty of corruption since the country was founded.
"Cut his throat and bleed him out" was SOP, just as was the obligatory "tie him across the hood and drive through town".
Now we "harvest animals", and will do just about anything not to offend anti or non hunters, including shaming ourselves. Some hunters openly, and publicly cry out loud when they "harvest" an animal.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
I was listening to the JRE podcast with Aron Snyder, and it struck me when Aron mentioned locking his rifle in his principal's office during deer season when he was a kid in high school.

Who else here grew up being trusted and cared for by community?
I remember taking my first cottontail into school on a 1/2 snow day to show all of my lingering teachers my quarry. Mossberg under one arm and rabbit proudly clutched in the other.

I jumped and shot that rabbit on school grounds too!

Over 40 years ago now.

Billinsd

WKR
My 12 year old son got his first duck, his first kill a couple weeks ago. And he proudly talked about it in his virtual class when his teacher asked him what he did over the weekend. And she said " That's great, you had a fun time." This is a public charter school in San Diego.

My 12 year old son got his first duck, his first kill a couple weeks ago. And he proudly talked about it in his virtual class when his teacher asked him what he did over the weekend. And she said " That's great, you had a fun time." This is a public charter school in San Diego.
I'm trying to understand how this fits your typical narrative? Shouldn't she have openly embarrassed him in front of the other children and then made them all recite the liberal agenda prayer before they had a vegan lunch?

I'm a public school teacher in Ca, and my biggest dream is being able to teach a class in firearms safety, wilderness navigation, and other related topics. I've tried many times to make it happen, but there are just massive amounts of obstacles to it. When I hear of schools having rifle teams practicing in the basement, I'm truly jealous.

Billinsd

WKR
I'm trying to understand how this fits your typical narrative? Shouldn't she have openly embarrassed him in front of the other children and then made them all recite the liberal agenda prayer before they had a vegan lunch?
It surprised me and it was refreshing to hear my son say it. And especially refreshing to hear his teacher praise him. However, his teachers all LOVE him. He gets As and also outstanding behavior and participation. I'd never send my kids to a school, or class that would belittle them. I watch and review a lot of what my kids are doing in school. Most of it is fine or neutral politically. My daughter in high school had a couple teachers that tried to push their liberal views. However, what bothers me and my daughter more is that these same teachers generally don't teach the course material. My big gripe of public schools my kids have attended is lazy teachers not teaching, not liberal politics.

Billinsd

WKR
I'm a public school teacher in Ca, and my biggest dream is being able to teach a class in firearms safety, wilderness navigation, and other related topics. I've tried many times to make it happen, but there are just massive amounts of obstacles to it. When I hear of schools having rifle teams practicing in the basement, I'm truly jealous.
You have to travel back in time in California. However, my daughter attended a junior high a few years ago that had an archery team.

You have to travel back in time in California. However, my daughter attended a junior high a few years ago that had an archery team.
Yeah, we actually teach archery in our PE class at my school, but anything remotely firearms related is treated like it's infected with the plague, COVID, and AIDS all in one.

Adrico

FNG
It was part of the Gym class to safely handle and shoot a shotgun and a 22.
It was a normal thing to see a gun in the rear window of a truck in the parking lot.
Nobody gave it a second thought. Try that now days.

brsnow

WKR
It was part of the Gym class to safely handle and shoot a shotgun and a 22.
It was a normal thing to see a gun in the rear window of a truck in the parking lot.
Nobody gave it a second thought. Try that now days.
Be interesting how long a shotgun wound last in a rear window in rural America before it was stolen.

CorbLand

WKR
I graduated in 2010.

Knives were allowed as long as the blade was under 3.5". A kid I was "friends" with in junior high said he was going to stab someone and another student turned him in. Because I was his "friend", the police pulled me from class and frisked me. Dumbass couldn't even find the knife I had on my waistband, hidden by my belt. Still don't understand how because I was on camera talking to him at lunch it seemed like I needed to be frisked. I didnt carry it very often after that. It wasnt worth the hassle it could have caused.

Guns weren't allowable any where on the property. It was called behind the seat and keep your ******* mouth shut. I don't think it was much of a secret when you went into the locker room after school and came out in camo in October.

My daughter is a special Ed teacher and would have done the same thing. She also has spoken about hunting as part of population control and how we eat the venison my son and I hunt.

It actually turned into a big positive talk with her co teacher and the kids with no pushback from any other teachers or parents after the fact. And this is within eyesight of NYC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
It actually turned into a big positive talk with her co teacher and the kids with no pushback from any other teachers or parents after the fact. And this is within eyesight of NYC!
Yes, I believe this happens more often than not, even in liberal big cities. I'm extremely sensitive, so when I do hear or people try and shame me for what I love to do it really bothers me. Probably 90 percent of people are respectful. However, that ten percent is sure loud and obnoxious.

Adrico

FNG
Be interesting how long a shotgun wound last in a rear window in rural America before it was stolen.
Never heard of a single gun get stolen back then.
I don't think one would last an hour now. Of course back then there was a few pot heads in school and everybody new them. Now drugs are encouraged and legalized.