When to buy arrows

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
I have a tube of old arrows; 3 of one kind, 4 of another, some missing a knock or insert, others perfectly fine but were the last few of their respective dozen before I changed to a cheaper, longer, more available, or heavier arrow. One of these days I will settle on a certain type and stick to it. I’d imagine most of you archers are the same way.

1) At what point do you buy a new dozen?

2) When it’s time, do you try to match arrow weight to get the most use out of the last few arrows?

Trial153

WKR
I am terrible, I bet I have 4 or 5 dozen cut and fletched and another 10 dozen shafts. Hell I have 6 dozen ACC 390 pro hunters shafts and I am worried I will run out at some point..

Marble

WKR
I keep all of my old ones and they are forever know as squirl arrows. I also use them for grouse. I take two with me into the field.

If I switch set ups, then the old ones get aet aside. Sometimes they get recut and new inserts put in then rotated to my son or wife.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ya, I have remnants of probably a dozen different arrow types........some have never even been shot, some are just shafts. But I bought a new dozen shafts that I just got this week. First arrows I've bought since 2015. Just searching for an arrow that has great specs and tolerances, and actually keeps those over time that hasn't been discontinued. Durability is my second requirement.

But all the old ones get used at times as squirrel or rabbit arrows. I'm tempted to start loading the quiver with these old arrows for hunts and just "use them" and finally get rid of them. But when I get my one shot a year at an elk and they don't break or get lost, that could take awhile. I really need to draw sheep, moose, and goat, and then get rid of my deer points. Then maybe I can start using more arrows every year.

kda082

WKR
I like to have at least a dozen of the same exact arrow, that I plan to shoot and hunt with. I have a 5 gal bucket in the garage with an array of different arrows that I may still shoot during practice just to get reps. I've probably got a couple dozen more buried around my yard.

Zac

WKR
I usually change my entire set up once I get to 4 arrows, but after 750 dollars of Valkyrie components and broadheads I think I'm done experimenting

Yeah right....you know what I meant....

Went hunting with a buddy once and forgot my quiver. Not realizing it till we got to the property, my first response was, "hey gimme an arrow, I forgot my quiver." Didn't even think about it; the brand, broadhead, weight, etc.. killed a doe that night at 30 yards sitting on a stump right through the boiler room. Just willed that arrow into place, trusted my instincts I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk