When to Rebarrel a rifle?

I have a 300 Ultramag Remington Model 700. I have used it for Elk hunting for 12 years. It has slayed many Elk. I usually put 60 - 80 rounds through it a season with practive and sighting in prior to hunting. I use factory load Nosler partition ammo. I have noticed the groups opening up in recent years from 1 inch to 1.5 inches and more irregular. I clean the crap out of it so it is not bore or barrell fowling from copper. When do you decide to put a new barrell on a rifle ? Just curious what people think? I have a custom stock , jeweled trigger and nice scope on it so no need to buy a new rifle.

Trigger06

FNG
First, I'd check the scope. Are you sure that the copper fouling has been cleaned out? What do you use for cleaning? Screws all torqued down properly?

Based on what you stated, you have less than 1000 rounds through it. As such, IMNSHO, it should not need a rebarrel. I would go through it, everything. Disassemble it and reassemble it. Check for debre...

If you go through it and nothing is found and no improvement in grouping/accuracy, I would then rebarrel, and simply tell myself that I got a good 12 years out of the barrel.

LaHunter

WKR
You may be getting to the end of the optimum barrel life. It could be carbon fouling (carbon ring). This can be difficult to remove sometimes. You will need a bore scope to know for sure. Not sure an ultra mag would make it to 1000 rounds or not. I would do the basic checks listed above and then try to get a bore scope to view the bore. Just be prepared to probably get a little shocked if you’ve never seen the bore. It will likely look pretty worn with a good bit of fire cracking near the throat, based on your round count

Dhbwa

WKR
You may be getting to the end of the optimum barrel life. It could be carbon fouling (carbon ring). This can be difficult to remove sometimes. You will need a bore scope to know for sure. Not sure an ultra mag would make it to 1000 rounds or not. I would do the basic checks listed above and then try to get a bore scope to view the bore. Just be prepared to probably get a little shocked if you’ve never seen the bore. It will likely look pretty worn with a good bit of fire cracking near the throat, based on your round count

This. 1000 rounds of a 300 RUM is quite a few. If you handload you may be able to help it by seating the bullets out but since you don’t it could be rebarrel time. I still suggest a rigorous cleaning for carbon and copper fouling and all other items such as loose screws...