When you find a game camera in public land

TSAMP

WKR
I peed on a scrape once. Looked up saw the camera. Felt pretty dumb but walked off. A month later maybe I was at the parking lot of the same section and was approached by a DNR gentlemen. Who chatted me up and then pulled out a laptop. Same hat, same dog. Yep thats me.
He wouldn't give any info but I gathered it was sent in along with a complaint I was trying to ruin someone's deer hunting. We exchanged some words. He actually asked if I was trying to show off. I laughed at that. He ended with well be more careful and I said that I would certainly be more careful while peeing in the woods.
I actually considered removing the card so somebody didn't review the pics with their kids or somthing but Ultimately decided to leave it be since it wasn't mine.

I think id do the same again.

Question:
When you come across a game camera on public land - what do you do?

A - Leave it alone

B - Walk in front of it

C - Check the SD card

D - Take the SD card

E - Take the camera

I place some cams on public land. I’ve had people do ‘B’ - ‘C’ - ‘D’

I’ve done ‘A’ and ‘B’

Anyone?

F. Put on a Halloween mask and sudden lean in right in front of the camera.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
Question:
When you come across a game camera on public land - what do you do?

A - Leave it alone

B - Walk in front of it

C - Check the SD card

D - Take the SD card

E - Take the camera

I place some cams on public land. I’ve had people do ‘B’ - ‘C’ - ‘D’

I’ve done ‘A’ and ‘B’

Anyone?
I do A and B. I have had A through E done to mine, along with

F- shot to sh#t
G- beaten to pieces with a stick
H- moved around the tree

Travis907

WKR
I definitely do not mess with other peoples property! It doesn’t belong to me and I wouldn’t want someone messing with my stuff! I’ve had cameras stolen on private property which pisses me off but that unfortunately is the nature of the beast when you put them on a tree on public or private property! If I see a camera I stay clear of it and walk on minding my own business!

Always A unless I didn't see in time to avoid it. Then once I see I'm caught on on film I Always wave and move on. I'm hoping if they see me leaving there's alone that they'll repay the favor. Honestly I've lost more cameras to bears than people. I did catch 1 group of 3 guys stealing 1 of my cameras on film from another camera they didn't see. Had 2 different angles on an elk wallow. Then I printed off a ton of copies and left their pictures at every local gun shop, archery shop and sporting goods store I could. So I've heard they got called out several different places after that!!

Never intentionally walk in front of them if I know they are there. But if I don't realize it until I'm in front of it I typically take a moment to strike a pose. My buddy, brother and I posted for one in Wyoming several years back. So if anyone has a pic of 3 jackasses posing in front of your camera with Bows, let me know. . . Always wondered how those turned out!

But I would also check the card if I had my reader on me. Just like I would potentially sit a stand if it was in a good spot.

But I'd never take or do harm to someone else's property.

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
F- Stand in front of it for a sweet selfie. I would hope the person who owns the game camera would find amusement in it.

Marble

WKR
I always leave it alone. I've had SD cards taken, batteries removed, and entire cameras taken.

This year I put a camera on a wallow where I ran into a bull two times. Public land, visible from the trail. I left it for two weeks, when I returned it was gone. I then killed the bull I had ran into there.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
B, I then piss on the salt that's obviously been dug into the dirt.
Is a game camera actually private property on public land?
Forest Service says it's abandoned property and AZGFD advised the same just as they did with tree stands. Basically if you left it out don't come crying to them if someone took it. They are now illegal here for taking or assisting in taking game.