Where are all the bullets?

I can't seem to find anything other than Hornady bullets in stock for my 7mm's. I started looking for Accubonds, then partitions, Barnes, Sierra Game King, either of the Swift, Federal....140, 150, 160 grain and nothing is out there that I can find. You guys seeing anything different?

chris

Wetwork

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not anybody's fanboy, or paid to say a damn thing and I hate to make things easy when I've discovered pretty much sure thing. With effort I might add.,, I've never had a wait for Hammer bullets. Any day or time I've ordered a box of bullets to reload. You mentioned Barnes..that's all I shot happily for over a decade. This year I got a box of Hammers to reload for my GF's picky Christensen. Within a week it was here and we were pretty happy. My second box of bullets to reload for my Bergara got here yesterday. No wait, but the shipping. This all took place in the last two weeks.-WW

OP
C
I'm not anybody's fanboy, or paid to say a damn thing and I hate to make things easy when I've discovered pretty much sure thing. With effort I might add.,, I've never had a wait for Hammer bullets. Any day or time I've ordered a box of bullets to reload. You mentioned Barnes..that's all I shot happily for over a decade. This year I got a box of Hammers to reload for my GF's picky Christensen. Within a week it was here and we were pretty happy. My second box of bullets to reload for my Bergara got here yesterday. No wait, but the shipping. This all took place in the last two weeks.-WW
Just saw some discussions on them. Where does one find load data for them? I have a Remington Model 7 in 7mm08 that I need to find good deer load for.

Can’t find the 6.5 bullets that i shoot either. Berger 153.5 or the 156 grains would be sweet also

Why didn’t i buy two boxes a year ago when they were in stock

One positive is I’m stocked up on everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
That’s pretty much how it is. Very little available. Might have to shoot hornady til you find the other bullets you normally use.

wyosam

WKR
Just saw some discussions on them. Where does one find load data for them? I have a Remington Model 7 in 7mm08 that I need to find good deer load for.

Go to the reloading forum on long range hunters. Or easier yet, give Steve at Hammer bullets a call and he’ll get you pointed the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wetwork

Lil-Rokslider
Hammers has their own forum like most brands of anything. There's load data if you dig, but there also a forum set up called long range hunting that seems to be a pretty good hammer vs. berger vs. everyone else that is chock full of reloading data stuff. Between this forum and that one all my fun is peaked. Love this site. I was pretty much Barnes all in...til the Rona. I dropped decent mulie's with my 5.56 AR with Barnes and elk with my .270. Then a GF with 6.5 changed my taste for how far and fun I can easily shoot. Anyway, Hammers arent free but if they keep the price the same as best they can, and the quality, and especially the service, most of my rifles are gonna be running them. They are literally in every word, high speed low drag, you try to push them as fast as your gun can handle. And its pretty crazy how fast, with no pressure you can send them.-WW

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider

wapitibob

WKR
I have roughly 700 PCs of the Barnes 7mm 140 tsx and 300 PCs of the 140 ttsx that I will be selling in about a week when I get back from Wyoming. Probably a 300 pc minimum.

PRC_GUY

WKR
Hammers has their own forum like most brands of anything. There's load data if you dig, but there also a forum set up called long range hunting that seems to be a pretty good hammer vs. berger vs. everyone else that is chock full of reloading data stuff. Between this forum and that one all my fun is peaked. Love this site. I was pretty much Barnes all in...til the Rona. I dropped decent mulie's with my 5.56 AR with Barnes and elk with my .270. Then a GF with 6.5 changed my taste for how far and fun I can easily shoot. Anyway, Hammers arent free but if they keep the price the same as best they can, and the quality, and especially the service, most of my rifles are gonna be running them. They are literally in every word, high speed low drag, you try to push them as fast as your gun can handle. And its pretty crazy how fast, with no pressure you can send them.-WW
Love hose Hammmers, give Steve a thumb up!

eoperator

WKR
Hammer recommends using nosler load data for similar bullet size/weight (not for Absolute's).

OP
C
Looked on their forum. Doesn't seem to be anyone loading 7mm08. I am only looking for a 200 yard and in load that will kill deer. I hate to start playing with loads at this time of year, but I might give it a shot.

Also, I admit I did not see this coming. I have enough powder and primers for a long while, but I wasn't thinking ahead to stock up on bullets.

Sonoman

FNG
Yeah not only bullets but primers and powder have been hard to get for quite awhile now. Lately I've seen some things starting to come back, slowly and in limited quantities. With all the new gun owners over the last year or so the manufacturers are having trouble keeping up with the demand. Hopefully this will correct itself with time. Until then In a pinch I've gone over to gunbroker for some of the things I need. You will pay a premium (some price have dropped) but it keeps me going until we see the market come back

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
I can't seem to find anything other than Hornady bullets in stock for my 7mm's. I started looking for Accubonds, then partitions, Barnes, Sierra Game King, either of the Swift, Federal....140, 150, 160 grain and nothing is out there that I can find. You guys seeing anything different?

chris
I’ve got either 150 or 200-(i forget) 7mm 160gr Swift a-frames I bought awhile back, now I don’t need, that I would sell you, for whatever average price you can find them for online plus a couple dollars for shipping.

Sled

WKR
Looked on their forum. Doesn't seem to be anyone loading 7mm08. I am only looking for a 200 yard and in load that will kill deer. I hate to start playing with loads at this time of year, but I might give it a shot.

Also, I admit I did not see this coming. I have enough powder and primers for a long while, but I wasn't thinking ahead to stock up on bullets.

For 200 yards and in there's not much load data to work up. Put a safe amount of powder behind a bullet of your choice and set it at a reasonably safe length for your chamber. Even if you get 3" groups you'll still kill a deer.

Hammer bullets are great. Just start conservative using the tips on Steve's site and you'll do fine.

BLEE

FNG
Along with email alerts, I've set a browser home page for each online store for what I want to buy, whether bullets, primers, or powder. I monitor as often as I can, during the day and as soon as something is available, I buy it. If you snooze, you lose, in today's market. Last Friday afternoon, I noticed .264 140 grain Gold Dots were available at MidwayUSA. Saturday morning they were gone.