Where are you hunting Elk in 2020? Rifle, ML, or Bow?

Montana Bow Elk/Deer combo if I draw general tag. If I don't succeed at getting a Elk with the bow I may stay and hunt rifle. If I don't draw I'm really not sure what state but I'll hunt somewhere out west if Health holds up (I'm 70).
My wife is into the Bachelor show that's playing as I write this. I somehow got drawn into it. Peter proposed then reneged on his proposal but I know he's not the first Peter to be unsure about what he wants.

Bryanboss429

Lil-Rokslider
Washington ML. First year doing this after about 22 yr modern. Mixed feelings at this point. Excited to try something new, but nervous for the same reasons. Should be fun either way though.

BuzzH

WKR
Usual 3 tags in Wyoming...one bull, 2 cow tags.

Will apply for an elk b in Montana, can buy a general NR OTC since I'm native, but wont.

Applied for UT/NV/CO/AZ all long odds stuff (no dice in AZ).

Washington ML. First year doing this after about 22 yr modern. Mixed feelings at this point. Excited to try something new, but nervous for the same reasons. Should be fun either way though.

I think you'll love it - way less of a zoo and on the West side, not much of a penalty having a shorter range (at least the thickets I'm hunting). This years ML dates in WA are good too - earlier than the past few.

Should draw Wyoming. I have/will have apps in for UT, NM, NV, and maybe ID depending on if I apply for deer/elk or sheep. Colorado I'll apply but pretty sure there won't be a chance yet unless the unit drops a couple points.

I'm in for NM, and it looks like I'll be hunting OTC CO. When I checked my points, I'm 1 short of drawing my preferred unit. The perfect scenario is drawing NM and hunting CO every day I'm not hunting NM. I found out earlier in the week, that we landed a school project in CO 30 minutes from the elkwoods I cut my teeth in. Needless to say, I bet my work hours are something like 6 - 2:30 come September with Fridays off ;) there's also a 17% chance of drawing deer without a point. And there are some biguns in there :) bow

Last edited:

wytx

WKR
3 tags in Wyoming as well, bull and 2 cows. We'll archery hunt then take out the rifles for our cows, and the bull if that doesn't pan out in archery season.
Probably get a bear tag this year as we saw lots of bear sign and bears last fall hunting elk.