Where Are You Hunting??

Beastmode

WKR
Where are you guys going to be chasing the Pacific Ghosts this year. With many archery hunts starting within the next month and a half what is your guys' plan?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I start with Nevada Mule Deer on August 10 for 7 days. The next day I have California Mule Deer starting on August 18 for 8 days. A three week break and off to Colorado,for 10 days on OTC Elk. After that I will be doing short three and four day hunts in California for black tail deer and bears. Lastly January for mule deer and javelina in Arizona.

7mag.

WKR
Where are you guys going to be chasing the Pacific Ghosts this year. With many archery hunts starting within the next month and a half what is your guys' plan?

I'll be hunting Mule Deer in the wilderness in Washington for the high hunt, mid to late September, then general season blacktails, in a different wilderness, mid to late October.

That's cool you live in Eureka, Beastmode, I was born there.

trkyslr

WKR
August-October nor cal blacktails, September elk and deer Montana, rio's in november nor cal, and January coues deer Arizona.

garrenj

FNG
Late August and September will be archery for Rockies here in Oregon. Sitka blacktail trip to POW, in between elk hunting. October rifle for Muley's here in Oregon. November will be OTC Whitetail in Idaho.

It's definitely exciting that archery season is right around the corner. Finally!

sk1

WKR
staying all local in utah.....chasing elk and deer august 18-28, if unsuccessful with either will hunt the extended seasons area until december

also have an additional cow elk tag from november to january

Hardstalk

WKR
5 weeks and counting. All nevada
Starting with archery lopes unit 131,132,163,164 if successful i move to archery cow elk units 111-114, then its off to archery mule deer units 101-109 all seasons overlap. At the moment ive got 16 days total to get er dun. The past 2 seasons i put myself on time constraints because i hold more than one tag with seasons overlapping. This year i plan to fully enjoy each tag one at a time. If that means being unable to harvest on tag or the other so be it. I dont want to forget why im there this time. Its because i enjoy it and love being out there.!

I was fortunate enough to draw a good late blacktail tag this year in Washington. If I still have a tag when November rolls around, it should be a fun hunt.

BigSurArcher

Banned
I was fortunate enough to draw a good late blacktail tag this year in Washington. If I still have a tag when November rolls around, it should be a fun hunt.

Good luck! I love the looks of those late season WA blackies. They definitely get some impressive necks on 'em.