Where do you buy Sportsmatch rings online?

Just a heads up I emailed tawnado about an eta for in stock to84s and he said he is retiring and will no longer stock any sportsman rings. If you call though Arizona air gun supply although they are showing out of stock you can order them over the phone and they will ship once their next shipment comes in. They said there was a list of about 50 guys and about 100 coming in in 1-2 weeks so call asap if you're searching for to84s

Screenshot_20220815-074322.png

Last edited:

OXN939

WKR
Check what I just posted

Necromancing this thread for a T3X setup coming together. The UK airguns dude is out of business, and Airguns of Arizona still shows out of stock for most Sportsmatch rings. Anyone have experience with the Mountain Tactical Raptors? Specifically, how much barrel clearance a 3-10x42 SHV would have in the 30mm medium...

amassi

WKR
Necromancing this thread for a T3X setup coming together. The UK airguns dude is out of business, and Airguns of Arizona still shows out of stock for most Sportsmatch rings. Anyone have experience with the Mountain Tactical Raptors? Specifically, how much barrel clearance a 3-10x42 SHV would have in the 30mm medium...
Quite a bit it'll fit upto a 56mm depending on scope and barrel contour
I just ordered 3 sets of T084 from airguns Arizona on black Friday. Might want to call them.

OXN939

WKR
I just ordered 3 sets of T084 from airguns Arizona on black Friday. Might want to call them.

Good SA on that. I'm actually worried about whether the medium would sit too high... suppose I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Did they have a Black Friday sale?

Good SA on that. I'm actually worried about whether the medium would sit too high... suppose I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say
Even if they are out of stock you can still order them and as soon as they get them in they will ship. I have a 4x24x50mm trijicon mounted (it's all the way forward but I don't mind) with the lows you should be fine

OXN939

WKR
Even if they are out of stock you can still order them and as soon as they get them in they will ship. I have a 4x24x50mm trijicon mounted (it's all the way forward but I don't mind) with the lows you should be fine

Update. Called Mountain Tactical and talked to a very nice gentleman who was super helpful. They don't currently make a 30mm low Raptor mount because they're a smaller outfit and there isn't enough of a market for that, apparently. I'll likely pick up my aftermarket bottom metal from them because of how nice and helpful he was.

Regarding Sportsmatch, UK guy is out of business.

Arizona place didn't answer.

Was looking at a DNZ game reaper as COA D, but their little scope clearance chart just gives a bunch of measurements which are useless if you don't have the rifle in hand, and mine is currently en route to my FFL. Can't find any reports online to confirm that their 30mm low will fit a 42mm objective, and one guy said his was close on a 44mm.

So. For plan E, I think I'll grab a pair of Talley Lows because I'm 90% sure those will be good to go. Who knew finding a pair of rings would involve such a dick dance hah

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
Update. Called Mountain Tactical and talked to a very nice gentleman who was super helpful. They don't currently make a 30mm low Raptor mount because they're a smaller outfit and there isn't enough of a market for that, apparently. I'll likely pick up my aftermarket bottom metal from them because of how nice and helpful he was.

Was looking at a DNZ game reaper as COA D, but their little scope clearance chart just gives a bunch of measurements which are useless if you don't have the rifle in hand, and mine is currently en route to my FFL. Can't find any reports online to confirm that their 30mm low will fit a 42mm objective, and one guy said his was close on a 44mm.

So. For plan E, I think I'll grab a pair of Talley Lows because I'm 90% sure those will be good to go. Who knew finding a pair of rings would involve such a dick dance hah

Dick dance is correct. Are we so afraid of the Warne vertical split that we'd go to Plan E lengths to get a hold of these admittedly solid-looking but mythical Sportsmatch rings?

amassi

WKR

Just order the sportsmatch from airguns Canada. They're in stock and will be here in a week.

amassi

WKR
Dick dance is correct. Are we so afraid of the Warne vertical split that we'd go to Plan E lengths to get a hold of these admittedly solid-looking but mythical Sportsmatch rings?
Yes the Warnes are garbage.
It's pretty easy to order the sportsmatch and get them in around a week

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be happy to place an order with anyone who will sell them, but I haven't found one yet from the outlets mentioned here or others I've scrounged up off the internet. But maybe I'm just that dense.

1671223397614.png

Rob5589

WKR
Seem to be rare as hen's teeth, as the saying goes. Been looking all over for the 1" version with the same dead ends.

What about a 20 MOA rail with Swfa low rings? Maybe the even the Burris signature with the extra adjustment. That would give you even more erector travel. I put Sportsmatch on my 223 and area 419 30 MOA rail on me t1x so I could shoot as far as possible.

amassi

WKR
I've read that; in what way? I've used a couple sets without issue. Their 1" version just aren't low enough for a 40mm obj, which I have on my daughters gun.
Main issue is the vertical split is at least a pita and worst will wreck a scope. Then you have a smaller clamping area and that typical warne quality of meh good enough.
The sportsmatch are a superior set up in every regard other than availability.
The rokslide store ought to import them as agoa only seems to get a couple sets at a time.

Rob5589

WKR
Main issue is the vertical split is at least a pita and worst will wreck a scope. Then you have a smaller clamping area and that typical warne quality of meh good enough.
The rokslide store ought to import them as agoa only seems to get a couple sets at a time.
Good info, thanks. Seems most try to tighten all 4 screws at the same time, like a typical ring. I did before reading the instructions.

amassi

WKR
I'll be the first to admit I used to trash talk sportsmatch rings, on this very forum, loudly and often. Then I bought a set and tried to break them. Tried to make them fail. Et el.
They won't break or fail. They hold zero, they mount well with a variety of scopes at a very attractive height for my particular cheek weld.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Sorry, I’m not a Tikka owner but I’ve been watching this and other threads on this topic. Are Sportsmatch particularly well-suited for the Tikka, a great deal or some combination? Are the equivalent to or better than Seekins or Hawkins, or are they equal but more expensive?