Where do you carry your pistol?

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
FHF bino harness with the Marsupial Gear holster.

I have an Ivory Holster somewhere if I could just find it. It was really nice as will.

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
Prison wallet

Actually I use a Eberlestock Nosegunner, haven't had any issue with retention so far, and carries pretty well with a thin handgun.

Last edited:

sterlryu

FNG
My IWB concealed carry holster actually clips right into my regular pants pocket and it's the perfect height to draw, almost like a tactical drop leg holster. Doesn't interfere with a pack either.

I use a Gunfighter chest holster behind an FHF bino harness & it works great. Fits sleek, rides secure & it's always at hand even if the pack is off. Obviously important while breaking down an animal in grizzly areas. I have the bear spray holder attached to the harness as well.

I tried several options, and made a few contraptions, nothing worked well.
They either put weight on my neck and sagged, hot in the way of my pack waist belt, made the gun inaccessible, bulky, etc. I ended up going back to my military days and using the molle modular vest. I sewed loops on my bino case to quick release from the vest. It is comfy while wearing a pack, can be tailored to my particular hunt, and I keep it on all day long. I always have my survival kit, etc with me. The gun in holster fits over my pack waist belt. Here is a picture. It has been working for me...

Attachments

• 20220803_090635.jpg
    20220803_090635.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 20211017_093229.jpg
    20211017_093229.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 156
I have great luck with Safariland holsters. they make models that are offset enough that a backpack belt can fit between your hip and the holster. Also really functional are the drop leg holsters and their adjustable height holsters. perfect for keeping your chest open for a bino harness and fewer straps aroudn your torso than with some sort of shoulder rig.

kpk

WKR
I'm using a Blade-Tech with a drop and offset and whatever their clip is called and am very happy with it. I can move it from my pack to my belt in about 30 seconds.

I rigged up some kydex to see if I liked it behind/under my bino harness and didn't like it there.

Ralphie

WKR
Been carrying it cross draw on my left hip. I'm right handed. But I'm not usually carrying a full pack, just a daypack. I want a bear defense on me at all times even while cutting up game. And I also want to be able to draw with either hand.

I'm amazed at the gear some of you carry on your chest. More than binos ain't for me.

Mark.c

FNG
Nylon pancake holster on my pants belt if using a daypack with no or small waist belt. If using a backpack with a large waist belt then I use a nylon vertical shoulder holster so it does not interfere with the bino chest harness. In my experience drop leg holsters are cumbersome, get tangled in the brush and when you lay prone, dirt gets all in the pistol/holster.

Ive been putting my little Beretta in my Kifaru mini belt pouch. So far, it fits perfectly and is very accessible

I made a modified holster out of a Blackhawk holster and kydex that is carried attached to the bottom of my AGC Bino harness. I posted how I built it with pics a few years ago in the DIY gear forum. It has been awesome.

Also check out Ivory Holsters in Colorado. Makes a kydex holster with a unique attachment that makes it easy and quick to move from pack waist belt to your hip.
Iroryholsters.com

Gapmaster

WKR
Don’t carry one in black bear country. Too heavy. But in Grizz country I carry it on my hip belt.