Where do you carry your rangefinder?

Slim Jim

WKR
I'm wondering where you guys carry your rangefinder for quick easy access? I carry mine in my cargo pocket in my pants. The lenses always gets dirty real quick in there for some reason. I tried the S4 sidewinder and it is junk in my opinion. It makes to much noise for one and it also fell off my belt which is supposed to lock on and almost lost my rangefinder. Luckily I found it after backtracking. I can't use my chest pocket because I use the S4 bino holders, and in summer I don't wear my jacket with the chest pocket anyways. I was thinking about a lanyard but then it will be swinging and hanging when stalking? Any suggestions?

i run a leupold rxi1000 and it came with a little holster for that. i run it on the strap to the lower right side of my bino harness. has served me well there so far, only thing id change about it if i had a holster the the belt loop was smaller because the bino harness strap in 1" as opposed to 2" thats on the holster. i might see if i can just add some stitching to close it up some

dotman

WKR
When I ordered my FHF gear bino harness I also ordered the rf pouch that attaches to it. So my rf is always next to my binos but I guess I could mount it anywhere that would allow for easy access without getting in the way.

I clip mine to the side of my sitka harness. Got the idea on at so I can't take credit. Found the clip online. Works great.

Attachments

• 2012-08-16_19-22-52_359.jpg
    2012-08-16_19-22-52_359.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 161

dotman

WKR
i run a leupold rxi1000 and it came with a little holster for that. i run it on the strap to the lower right side of my bino harness. has served me well there so far, only thing id change about it if i had a holster the the belt loop was smaller because the bino harness strap in 1" as opposed to 2" thats on the holster. i might see if i can just add some stitching to close it up some

Not sure exactly how yours hooks up but it sounds similar to how mine is, I use a short Velcro strap to really secure the two together through the belt loop to a buckle on the harness.

Not sure exactly how yours hooks up but it sounds similar to how mine is, I use a short Velcro strap to really secure the two together through the belt loop to a buckle on the harness.

i run the fhf as well, i slide the beltloop over right at the right side buckle, been thinking of seeing if paul could whip me up a case that would ride a little tighter on the webbing but all in all, thats the best solution ive come up with so far

Craig4791

WKR
I run mine through my bino harness as well and I also have a piece of para cord that I use as a lanyard so I can't lose it in the moment.

weaver

WKR
I use this.
u5u3unam.jpg

I snap it to my waist belt and stick the rangefinder in my pant pocket so it doesnt flop around.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355333430970.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355333430970.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 30

swat8888

WKR
I use the RF Sidekick from Crooked Horn in conjuction with my Sitka bino bivy. Works great, I really like the set-up except I really wish their case would cover the RF completely instead of leaving the eyepiece completely exposed to the elements. Such a pain in the butt when rain/dirt/etc. collects right on the lens. You would think this was a pretty obvious design flaw and they would realize that.

AK Guide Creations chest pack. Fits Bins, leica CRF, lighter, havel knife and a stash of extra rounds for the rifle all right there in easy reach. I like that retractable retainer setup though!! I know a few buddies that have bumped their range finder down the mountain when trying to get set up for a shot. That clip holding it to the side of the bino pack also looks slick though I would probably use that more with my GPS.

Kay9Cop

FNG
I do the same as thru-hunter and use the AK Guide Creations chest pack. Keeps everything covered and the dirt out.

JNDEER

WKR
I am more of a still hunter, so I have it in an upper pocket on my chest. Quick and easy to get to with little movement of my hands. Granite I have to move my hands up to the pocket, but my arm and hand are all "in" the view of my body so nothing is "skylined" to the sides....if that makes sense.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Squeekie, I really like this setup but I have the leuopold rx-750 and cannot find an attachable clip for it. Do you know where you got it or is it an accessory for a different RF?