Where do you check your zero after flying in?

Wrench

WKR
Find a softball sized rock at 5-700 and turn it to gravel. Done. Try to find a range close to an even number incase you need to adjust....it makes math easier.

RO1459

FNG
I always go to a local range to make sure my zero hasn't changed. I zero at 300 yrds. That way I am within 4" from the barrel to 350 yrds out. So out to 350 yrds I can just aim and shoot without worrying about distance. Where I hunt, 350 yards would be a long shot.

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
I see some people use pretty flimsy rifle cases when flying. A quality rifle case can mitigate rough baggage handling. I have a double rifle case but only holds one rifke. Plenty of good foam padding

OXN939

WKR
I see some people use pretty flimsy rifle cases when flying. A quality rifle case can mitigate rough baggage handling. I have a double rifle case but only holds one rifke. Plenty of good foam padding

This. If your rifle is in a different position when you pick it up than when you dropped it off, you're due for an upgrade. Plano field lockers are a solid option.

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
Acu-site. Been using one for many years. No need to shoot your gun to verify your zero. Can carry it with you in the field and re-check your zero anytime you want, like if you slip and fall. Very simple.

[QUOTE="Laramie, post: 1816880, member: 41942"why zero at 100 yards?
[/QUOTE]
I like 100 yards because it is easy to replicate almost everywhere, and not so far that you have to account for other variables like changed elevation, temperature or a little wind. My scope is “zeroed” at a hundred, but I then dial it up to my MPBR and leave it during the hunt. If I am shooting farther than about 330 yards I can dial the rest of the way. But if you can take a couple shots at you max distance you are comfortable shooting in the conditions you are going to be hunting that’s a good confidence boost.

OP
L

Loper

WKR

I agree and have a heavy duty double case as well.