Where do you practice bugling

Wapiti16

FNG
Unmarried in a bachelor pad = EXCELLENT elk/turkey/duck/goose caller

At least in my experience lol

I usually sneak a few bugles in after a late summer shooting session at the local outdoor archery club. Most guys don't care and just cover their ears and grimace.

You will find out quickly that your significant other does not appreciate calling.

I use to practice my calling (elk turkey waterfowl) while driving to and from work. This past year I’ve been WFH and my girlfriend has still been going into work so the house is mine during the day and I get some calling
You will find out quickly that your significant other does not appreciate calling.

I use to practice my calling (elk turkey waterfowl) while driving to and from work. This past year I’ve been WFH and my girlfriend has still been going into work so the house is mine during the day and I get some calling practice in
I’m in the same situation and do the same thing. I don’t live in town so I do let some rip while doing yard work also.

shadow24

FNG
In the pickup line at my kids’ school. Pretty much the coolest dad ever...just ask my pre-teen daughters.
Someone else made a good point about taking it to the woods/mountains for a trial run. I was once worried about how loud my turkey calling was gonna be after practicing only inside the vehicle. Then when I went down for some preseason locating, it was much louder than expected.

For reasons stated above in regards to damaging hearing, I don't go too ape on the bugle tube. However, I do practice ascending/descending in pitch, adding growls/chuckles, tongue pressure etc. daily with just the reed.

And then you throw the bugle on it and you scare yourself cause you think a big bull is right behind ya.

I have a 30 minute commute to work, so that’s where I spend most of my time practicing my calling.

At home I have a 6 and 2 year old who get a kick out of hearing a bugle. Of course they have to try after I’m done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting early this year learning as much as I can about elk before heading out for my first archery elk season this year. I've hunted rifle for elk a couple seasons but wanted up expand my options as well as my opportunities at frustration so why not give archery a shot right?

Anyways I have been practicing with a diaphragm call in the truck and have gotten ok (in my opinion) with cow calls and picked up a bugle tube today. My wife and son were amused for a few minutes and our aussie pup enjoyed singing along, but I got to thinking, where does everyone practice bugeling? Garage, truck, living room, maybe replace the home alarm clocks with a 0 dark 30 practice session?
Any ride in the car without the lady.

PaBone

Lil-Rokslider
My wife absolutely can not stand elk bugling in the house, so that's where I did most of my practicing. I also keep a one mile path mowed around the farm that I walk with my pack on and a diaphragm in my mouth and call as I'm walking. I would also use that sound app that comes on your Iphone to record bugling and chuckling and play it back, great way to hear what sounds best.

I used to practice all the time in my yard. Now a week or 2 before opening day, I do a sound check on my reeds to verify the latex is still good or do I need to replace. Once you gain control of a mouth reed, it’s like riding a bike. I like Mike’s analogy “game day”