Where does the dog go in your truck?

AlBeartoe

FNG
I have a 2'x2' box that stretchers the width of the truck bed and sits on the rails up against the rear window. Its as close to cab dimensions as possible to maintain aerodynamics on the highway. There is a latched door on each side so the dog can be accessed from either side and there is a sliding door on the back so the dogs can load and unload themselves into the truck bed. A couple plexiglass panels allow me to see into the box from my rearview mirror and see all the way through the box to obstacles behind me. I stole this design from dog musher boxes that are common up here in AK.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
In a crate, in the bed, with a topper. Although I have used an insulated box box with no topper.

Last edited:
In a Gunner Kennels crate in the bed of my truck. No topper, no shell. The crate is Rotomolded plastic, similar to a Yeti cooler. The material itself doesn’t get extremely cold or extremely hot. Of course, the weather and the wind can certainly get really cold, in which case I put old military wool blankets in there with him. If it were dangerously cold, I’d put him in the cab with me, but it’s never gotten to that point. I love my dog, and I take him almost everywhere, but he’s not gonna destroy my truck cab.

My dogs ride in the back seat of my truck. I've seen to many dogs fall out or jump from a moving truck. They are more important to me than the dirt they track in.