Where does the dog go in your truck?

If the Mrs not in the rig he is riding shotgun otherwise on backseat or the extended cab though he tells momma to ride there🤣
It’s pretty funny, my wife and my dog aren’t real big fans of each other. My dog is generally with me all of the time. When my wife decides that she wants to go, they both give each other the stink eye like “what is she/he doing here?!”.

Attachments

• 77496C4A-61D9-48DB-B37B-6F816C5AB460.jpeg
    77496C4A-61D9-48DB-B37B-6F816C5AB460.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 51

Whisky

WKR
My one and only dog I've had was babied. He got the backseat. The next dog won't have it so well. It will be riding in a kennel, strapped in the box.

I recently ran into some guys with fancy rotomolded kennels, Gunner Kennels. They are expensive, but some pretty crazy stories on their website from dogs surviving accidents. The guys also said they know of an instance where the kennel saved the driver by keeping the kennel lifted up enough to provide an air pocket, while submerged in water.

Braaap

WKR
I would recommend going with the tundra or sequoia. 4runner’s are cool but very small. We had a 5th gen and while we really liked it in the end it was too cramped for our family of four with a dog. We have a 1st gen double cab tundra and 1st gen sequoia and the extra space makes every trip way easier. In the sequoia we have two crates in the cargo area and crates in the pickup bed with a shell.

DJB

FNG
I have two kennels that fit behind the front seat of my 4 door truck or in the truck bed. They are always strapped down to protect me and the dogs in case of an accident. I would get the Sequoia or a four door truck with a topper for the added space over the 4 runner.

OP
Oregonboy

Oregonboy

WKR
I appreciate the responses and the pics!

I'm really liking the idea of a truck topper with the crate strapped down in the bed. That would allow me to have my cake and eat it too.

Rob5589

WKR
I tie mine to the bumper. Gotta go slow though...
d0184174e2bb39ddf47be0bbe5a3d114.jpg

Our 85lb knucklehead is in a crate, sometimes in the cab, mostly in the bed which has a shell, always secured down. Best and safest place for a dog.

Jim2914

FNG
purchased a super cab Ford since the seats fold up and the dog has a large flat bed on the rear floor

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
Mine ride the bed. Two dogs, 80 and 45 lbs. Canopy with carpeted plywood on top of the bed rails, camping goods etc.. under the dogs. Wife and two kids in the cab. It’s their home away from home. Happy with a view!

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
I made a crate to fit the back of my sons truck.

IMG20210218172858.jpg

IMG20210218173856.jpg

arock

Lil-Rokslider
Side opening windows are a huge help releasing the dogs as needed. And if you watch, try to buy a used Gunner kennel, very solid safe rides for the dog if strapped in.

Those are beautiful dogs. Love them bearded monsters.

Button

WKR
Mine rides shotgun if wife isn’t riding along. I just bought some seatbelt buckles so the alarm doesn’t go off in my truck and wife’s jeep.