Where is all the 300 WSM?

Does anyone know why 300 wsm is seemingly extinct? Specifically Nosler 180 accubond? I haven’t been able to find a single bullet for months now. What’s the deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

WKR
specifically? NOTHING is out there in any brand/weight/type. the one place that had some wanted over $100 per BOX. yeah no idea but it sucks. fortunately back in '19 when i bought a 300wsm i bought a buncha different ammo to try/test. then i bought 5 boxes of the one that shot the best for me. but still yeah i wish there was something available now... hell, even brass is even three bucks plus a case! and not much of that either. my guess is the ammo companies are running 9mm and 223 24x7 to (try to) keep up with that demand.

OP
O
I haven’t kept up on this issue obviously. Last year there was a ton of 300 wsm and i shot a bunch of different brands to see what was best for my gun. Didn’t think anything of it and went to get some this year and NADA.

bluumoon

WKR
Last time I was in one of my local gun stores the only thing they had on the shelf was 300 WSM, said its not popular in this area. I think it was $60-80 a box, but that was prob 3 months ago.

My local sportsmans has had a stack of 300 wsm. Seems like one of the few thats on the shelf.

Oh, um, my apologies, the vast majority has gone out the barrel end of my Tikka, killing critters. But on a good note, my freezer is full. However, I plan to continue pulling the trigger.

Whhood

Lil-Rokslider
It’s nowhere to be found around me. What’s the going price for you guys that have it on the shelf?

OMB

WKR
I've been to 3 different stores in Wisconsin that had quite a bit of 300 WSM in stock in the last month.

On the Accubond thing: I shoot 180 AB's out of my 300 WM, and after dealing with problems getting Nosler factory ammo, I bought 200 rounds as soon as they had them in stock again before Covid hit. I've moved on to setting up other rifles but I'm glad I did that and it's how I'm approaching all of my rifles now. Find a load you like, buy it cheap and stack it deep.

There's about 20 boxes at my local sporting good store. It was the last and only remaining ammo on the shelf for the last year. I almost went and bought one just so I could buy and use all the ammo. I'll go check the prices on it for you.

OP
O
There's about 20 boxes at my local sporting good store. It was the last and only remaining ammo on the shelf for the last year. I almost went and bought one just so I could buy and use all the ammo. I'll go check the prices on it for you.

Thanks man! Much appreciated!

HiMtnHntr

WKR
There was a lot more available last year. I think guys are buying it up now, too, just because it has been more available. But 300 wsm stuff is disappearing.

sndmn11

WKR
I bought a dozen boxes of Norma ammo last winter on Sportsman's sales so I could have the brass. I haven't seen any 300wsm ammo since and suspect it will be a while.