Where is CO tag numbers?

ncstewart

WKR
So I’m overlooking something I guess but I can’t find how many tags are allotted for each unit in CO. Someone please help me out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix40

WKR
It appears that tag numbers are not available until after the draw. If you figure out where to find them please let us know

Beendare

WKR
Yeah I'm curios too...on the qty of non res tags for all of the new units that are now a draw.

I looked but couldn't find them in the regs....

Do they even know at this point how many tags they will issue?

______

cnelk

WKR
As with any new draw unit, you’re gonna have to wait until the stats are released.
Next year app process will be a whole lot more informative

cnelk

WKR
If you want to know how many OTC bull tags were sold last year for the E16 units (separate hunt code) before the draw this year, that will require an Open Records Request.

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
Well that kinda sucks they do it like that but it is what it is. Thanks for the info guys.

I applied for a deer tag in 2019 that based on the 2018 quota and number of applicants I should have been able to get as my second choice on the app (first choice being preference point) However when neither my son or I drew the tag I was stumped. Then after the season when the 2019 stats came out I saw that they reduced the number of tags from 350 to 225 for that unit and season.

My point is that when you are looking at Colorado statistics you are looking at last year's quotas and application numbers. There is no guarantee that they will be the same for the current year in which you are applying. Maybe the quota changes or maybe 250 people get on GoHunt or some such service and see that a good tag was being underutilized and they get a bump in applications for your unit. You simply don't know these variables going in.

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
Ya it would be nice if they would put that out like AZ does prior to the deadline to apply

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
Basically CO I need you to average preference points in party apps and to let us know how many tags per units are being issued prior to applying. Thanks and I have more ideas if you need me