Where is the Ammo Really Going?

Most of its going to the mouth breathers I work with for their Savage Axis and Ruger American rifle/scope combos to sit on their shelf.

Shoot. My post was I. Response to this. It’s like autocorrect all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
All the ammo manufacturing companies say they are running at full capacity, some running three shifts. I think it has something to do with all the UFO reports. It's the only logical explanation.

sneaky

"DADDY"
This got me thinking a lot. Yesterday had chat with my neighbor, he's been working at Federal Cartridge for nearly 20-years in Anoka, MN. He told me yesterday that that they make and produce 1-million Rounds of ammo per day there between Rimfire, Centerfire and Shot-shell, mind you he said again 1-million per day/3-shifts. They get shipped to Distributors then. One of my best friends/Hunting Buddy also works there but is the Buyer for all Ammo Components to keep the lines going and he confirmed this as well.

This is just one of the Manufactures People, just one of Many who produce Ammo. My neighbor really thinks there is one group out there buying up most of the ammo from the Distributors or once it goes to market.

Take a wild guess who's buying it all up or at least most of it. This really got me thinking.

He thinks this group is buying up close to 75% of all ammo once at Distribution. There should be more on the shelves out there.

Just my 2-cents. I know this has been Discussed to death but he gave me some real numbers on one of the manufactures, just one of them.

Yes, those two guys are great to have as friends if you know what I mean......lol
I think your tinfoil hat is waaaaay too tight. Let's say 50 million gun owners in the country to make the math easy. It would take Federal almost two months to make 50 million rounds. Everyone could get 1 round a day. How exciting! Last I checked people buy ammo in at least 20/rd boxes. Doesn't take long to sell 1 million rounds of ammo with high demand these days. There's no one group buying up all the ammo, unless that one group is the retired guys hitting the stores as soon as they unload the trucks. THAT group has the biggest impact.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think the idea that there's 10 other companies the size of federal producing ammo is a but much. If federal is producing 1m a day, be lucky if it's 5m a day total.

Remington shutting down had a huge effect as that cut primer production.

I think it's likely 2.5m rounds produced a day.
Remington is back up and running

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have the answer but I keep buying every box of ammo I see even though I don't need it and have enough to last several lifetimes.

FLAK

WKR
IMO, the supply should have caught up by now. I see it's starting to trickle
back on to the shelves, but are people still in the panic buying mode?
I could have walked out with every round BassPro had yesterday in two
bags, but i dont own a 28ga., a Creedmore or a .224 Valkyrie.

I have noticed a lot more ammo on the shelves lately. I even stumbled across primers in stock locally twice in the last month. Still searching for BH209 though.

CorbLand

WKR
IMO, the supply should have caught up by now. I see it's starting to trickle
back on to the shelves, but are people still in the panic buying mode?
I could have walked out with every round BassPro had yesterday in two
bags, but i dont own a 28ga., a Creedmore or a .224 Valkyrie.
Its coming in more consistent and in larger quantities but it isnt lasting on the shelf as long. I don't think its panic buying at this point but people now understand how hard it can become to find so they are going to continue to buy in large quantities to stock up for the future. Most people never thought it would take you 8 months to find 30.06 or 7 mag ammo. Supply is increasing but demand is going to stay high.

I don’t understand why people get so irritated at others for buying ammo up. It isn’t rocket science. Nor is this shortage hard to figure.

Riots of huge proportions last year where local government stepped aside and left common folk to fend for themselves caused a lot of buying. Coupled in with more new gun and first time purchases in history, all equal where we are at. It isn’t hoarding, conspiracy, or even hard to figure. It’s the results.

I shake my head at people who suggest anyone being smart about their investment into firearms is a dumb knuckle dragging redneck. If those same people hadn’t drug their feet they wouldn’t be without now. All while suggesting a box of ammo is all that is acceptable per caliber for everyone but themselves.

Don’t be an idiot and you won’t feel like one on check day. It’s pretty simple.