Where is the best place to see bears in Utah?

CorbLand

WKR
Look at the regs book for bear hunting in Utah. That should help give you an idea of where they exist.

Sled

WKR
I live in Utah and I have never seen a bear. I am not going to hunt one. I just want to know from people who have knowledge of Utah, where is the best place to see one? Preferably from a road or not too far off of a road because I don't want to be attacked.

Hogle Zoo up by emigration canyon fits your description.

If you want to get off the road a bit I see plenty in the uintas at lower elevations than you might expect.

twall13

WKR
There are certainly bears in Utah, but I've never seen one from the road. I've bumped into a few while out hunting other stuff, especially turkeys in the spring. My brother had a tag a few years ago and set up a couple registered bait sites. I was shocked at how many bears we caught on the trail cameras, and not far from roads in the one spot. Just because they are there doesn't make them easy to see without bait or hounds.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jbrow327

FNG
There are certainly bears in Utah, but I've never seen one from the road. I've bumped into a few while out hunting other stuff, especially turkeys in the spring. My brother had a tag a few years ago and set up a couple registered bait sites. I was shocked at how many bears we caught on the trail cameras, and not far from roads in the one spot. Just because they are there doesn't make them easy to see without bait or hounds.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Interesting. Where did your brother go hunting?

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
My friends seen some around nebo while hunting deer but that’s all I’ve heard about. Never seen a wild one in Utah

Rich M

WKR
First thing I thought of was the dump. We used to go see bears when folks told us they were feeding in certain areas - dump was always worth the try, but local farmers had corn cribs and bears would get into those.

Phaseolus

WKR
You might try the bookcliffs. We saw 7 bears in one morning in RatHole Canyon near the Colorado border this time of year. They’ll be out foraging and before the leaves on the brush come out they are easier to spot. You’ll have to be out looking at the crack of dawn though. Late August and September are great months to see bear too since they are fattening up and feeding 24 hours a day.